A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Opinions on Screenweaver MX?

Opinions on Screenweaver MX?

I've read on a couple of blogs how "cool and groundbreaking" Screenweaver MX is. Does anyone here have any opinions on this tool?

I read through the features on their web site and it sounds like most of what it does is already being done by tools like SWF Studio and Flash Studio Pro.

Am I missing something? Is this 1) a revolutionary new tool, 2) an evolutionary tool or 3) simply another tool for extending Flash?

Try SWFKit ,

here is the review from flashmagazine.com :
    ""SWFKit 1.0 and the feature list looks impressive. Until now, projectors have only been pretty looking shells for SWF files. Now you can start developing full applications with Flash .."

enjoy it!

Thanks but my question was specifically about Screenweaver MX. Anyone got an opinion?

Beyond the Sea
    is there a roundup of all these Apps somewhere? Feature lists? comparisons? And do any of these things work on a Mac? I mean probably the only thing good about http://www.screentime.com/ is that it is really cross-platform...but it only creates screensavers...

personally, I haven't used anything but SWF Studio. At the time, about a year ago, it was the cheapest, had a great feature set, and was easy for me to use. I'm just now getting back into this whole thing and I find there's a bunch of different apps out there now that do similar things...

someone needs to do a real roundup of these products, but I believe some of them are still too new...
    The Coolest Website EVER!
    Do you live in Kansas City? Come join us at KCWebCore

I too am an SWF Studio user for the past year and I am very pleased with what that tool can do.

Over at Actionscript.com Todd Hopkinson wrote,

"I believe Screenweaver MX is probably the most important and impressive 3rd party application that has yet been created for Flash...The product delivers what developers have always wanted. Screenweaver extends Flash MX in ways that developers have long pined for, yet never really got around to building on their own. What Screenweaver accomplishes is simply that it allows developers to do easily now that which otherwise would be several orders of magnitude harder to achieve."

I downloaded the demo and at first glance it appears to work much like the other programs available. I'm trying to figure out if this is a new groundbreaking product or just another player.