A Flash Developer Resource Site

View Poll Results: Do I look better with glasses or contacts?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Contact Lenses

10 76.92%
  • Glasses

3 23.08%

Thread: Contact lenses

Contact lenses

I just got contact lenses on Wednesday, they're "fun" to put in and take out / not really. I'm not used to sticking things in my eyes yet, but I'll get used to it.

Anyways, heres me with glasses:

and me with my contacts:

which do you think is better?

I've been getting a lot of "you look hot without your glasses" from the girls at school.

Señor member
    I look cool in my glasses but I'm afraid the picture you've posted of yourself makes you look like nerd king! I can't stand the idea of contacts so I wear glasses instead. (not all the time, just for watching TV)
    Company, Meet Creative
    ------------------------
    welcomebrand

go with the contacts, if the chicks like it it's right
    It must be obvious day at camp stupid

Originally posted by jamble7000
    I look cool in my glasses but I'm afraid the picture you've posted of yourself makes you look like nerd king! I can't stand the idea of contacts so I wear glasses instead. (not all the time, just for watching TV)
    yeah i can see how its not exactly flattering, but i can only work with what im given. my dad borrowed a digital camera from work and he took it back today before i could take any more pictures. if i can get my hands on that camera again or any other one, ill have one taken where i don't look like super nerd.
    Last edited by Gloomycus; 01-12-2003 at 10:25 PM.

Just wear your glasses when you're slumming around at home or working, and wear the contacts when you are going out. That's what most people do, I can't stand the thought of wearing contacts all the time.

An Inconvenient Serving Size hurricaneone's Avatar
    Although I think that you look better without the glasses, I think that it's those frames that were to blame. Not the greatest, eh?

The wife uses contacts, but for me, I ain't stickin' nothin' in my eyes. Ever? No never. What never? Not Ever.

(I am actually more concerned with the converstaions I'm having with the voices in my head. Although fascinating, I'm sure that it's not a good sign...)
    Stand by for emergency synapse rerouting

Originally posted by Sysdomatic
    Just wear your glasses when you're slumming around at home or working, and wear the contacts when you are going out. That's what most people do, I can't stand the thought of wearing contacts all the time.
    thats the plan.
    im in my first week still so i have to wear them for 8 hours each day until the doctor says otherwise.

u want to talk super nerd that was me when i had my glasses.. Had the thick frames, cause my lenses were so thick. Now I wear contacts and would never go back to wearing Glasses.. you look better and more mature with the contacts.

I use to have a problem sticking them into my eyes.. just the thought of doing it was enough to get my eyes watering.. but u get use to it fast. Just don't sleep with them on.. hehe

It really depends on how bad your vision is and if you are into any sports. I have horrible vision. Like -6.00 on both eyes. I am into skiing and whitewater kayaking. Glasses just don't work for either of those sports. I never wear glasses, but if I had better vision I probally would switch over. Glasses, I am sure glasses are alot better for your eyes. There is nothing like having a 3 week old pair of contacts in your eyes .

You look alot better in contacts and anyone who has their picture taken by the computer will look like a nerd. It is no big deal.

FK's Official A&A Addict
    i used to know a girl who had such a horrible vision she had to wear contacts and glasses, she wasn't ugly though. However i wear contacts, but am still looking for glasses. just can't find the right frame :P

Originally posted by hollywood
    [B] Like -6.00 on both eyes.
    I'm -8.00 in both eyes

dude, lose the Harry Potter glasses... stick with the contacts.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

Originally posted by Gloomycus
    I'm -8.00 in both eyes
    -8.00 wow.. u legally blind without your glasses? I'm like -6.50 and without glasses or contacts I can't see anything but blur, has to be about 2 inches in front of my face.

thats the same for me as well

wow, i have the worst vision in my family (-3.50) and i thought that was bad. heh, thats crazy man.
    It must be obvious day at camp stupid

CapTy99.com Webmaster
    contacts become the greatest thing in the world after about a month or two...

im pretty much blind w/o glasses...

ive got friends at 15 who are legally blind without corrective lenses... now that sucks.

hard to say. Maybe you should shave your hair off -- I think you would look cool with glasses (new frame) or contact lenses. but that is just me

I myself wear contact lenses for sports and sometimes for going out but most of the time I wear my glasses.

if you want to save money and wear lenses occasionally, go for 1-day contact lenses -- it rocks.

super-senior member
    wore contact for 10+ years ...
    first those soft ones .. switched after 4 years to half hard ones ( oxygen-blahblah)
    switched two years ago to glasses again - looks like sh*t
    (see avatar) but at least my eyes are better now- no more infections, no more teary eyes at 04.00 am in the morning in the café ...

never again contacts !

sven
    -----------------------------
    © year 1974