A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Any ideas on font name? anyone?

Any ideas on font name? anyone?

Allright, I designed this logo for a client 5 years, 4 computers, and countless font lib.s ago... Of course, now he has lost the disk with the original files and fonts and needs to know what it is. I have no idea; come one, I mean it was litterly 5 years ago!!

Here's the logo:

Any ideas on what it's called and where I might be able to find/buy it? Obvoisly, I edited it some to come up with this logo... Mainly, the 'A' does not have the long tail on it. It also may or may not be italisized; other than that though, the letter formation and so on should be correct. Any help would really be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance for any assitance you might be able to offer,

DS
    "After I'm dead I'd rather have people ask why I have no monument than why I have one."
    - Cato the Elder (234-149 BC, AKA Marcus Porcius Cato)
    http://www.DSMMG.com
    DS@DSMMG.com

Thanks for the info FFF... But unfortunatly I tried that to no avial. Great concept though!! Any other ideas? Anyone?

Thanks Agian,

DS
    "After I'm dead I'd rather have people ask why I have no monument than why I have one."
    DS@DSMMG.com

No, I tried that and it came up with a few things that were close, but not exactly right. I even followed some of those that were close to the Linotype lib., assuming that this might have come from there, but I can't even find it there. Not sure what I'm going to do, xcept keep on looking. Agian, thanks for the advice though... DS
    DS@DSMMG.com

Why don't you vectorize the image and take it from there?

Oh no, that's fine. I could do that or whatever I need to do with it from the graphic file. I even went back as far as I could in my backups and found the layout file fromm Illustrator that has this logo with several others options he was given in it. Only problem is the only copy of that I can find was rastorized and does not show the fonts; missing or otherwise.

So now, here he is, needing the actual font itself to use for whatever purpose he might want to, and needs to know what it's called and where he can get it (Which, right about now, I'd be happy to tell him either one...). He does a bunch of stuff with embroidery now, and I think he wants to use it for a new companies logo and text on promotional material, or something. But he says he needs the entire font. Anyway, I'm supposed to remember what this is from sooooooooo long ago off the top of my head, right? And to make it worse, I really shouldn't just tell him where he can shove it becuase he not only helped me out in the begining, but he has actually thrown some other work my way over the past bit of time, some of which was pretty substancial. I just never needed to type anything in the font from the logo, so I never realized I had no idea that I didn't even know what it was, if that makes any sence.

So, to make a long story short, as much as I'd like to, I can't just vectorize it. I guess I'll just keep looking on the net till the cows come home, or pig's fly, or I find it. Whichever happens first...

Thanks agian, DS
    DS@DSMMG.com

A good idea may be to hang out at the font sites that you used to frequent back then, or get hold of those old font libraries somehow. I'll keep looking.