A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Any way of passing data from HTML to Flash locally without FSCommands?

I'm a hero like Robert De Niro

Any way of passing data from HTML to Flash locally without FSCommands?

Hello,

I have a Flash site which launches an HTML form. Some of the details that are filled in the form needs to be sent to the Flash main interface (using Flash 5). When the user clicks on a button on the form (preview) the Flash movie should go to a screen which contani some of the details that were filled in the form.

I can't use FSCommands due to Netscape compatibility issues nor can I set an interval to check for updates from the server.
    I'd really appreciate any advise on the matter..

Cheers,

McMurphy
    The right to Flash - A petition demanding equal Flash right for Right-to-Left languages

Have you considered making the form in flash as well

Musicman

I'm a hero like Robert De Niro
    Hey musicman,

The form is in Flash format now but attempts to use English and another language in the same field to a satisfying result have been unsuccessful so it seems we have to take the HTML route. I read that FSCommand can be used in Netscape thanks to the live connection but there are still some platform issues that go along with it. I guess FSCommnad is the only choice I've got to accomplish this.

McMurphy
    The right to Flash - A petition demanding equal Flash right for Right-to-Left languages