A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Hyperlink to invoke Flash

Hyperlink to invoke Flash

I have created some SWiSH (.swf) movies that are nothing more than .mp3 audio file sound bites.

I want to invoke these .swfs ON CLICK (hypertext) within an HTML page WITHOUT the .swf opening up another page or window — in other words, you click on the hyperlink text, it plays the sound file (embedded in the .swf) and that's it. The viewer is not relocated to another page or window, NO players open up (Quicktime, Real Player, etc), nothing.

I've never incorporated sound in this way before and I'm not sure what to do in order to make this work. Can someone give me a CLEAR step-by-step on this?

All help appreciated, thanks!

JD
    jdove@medledger.com

Hi,

I have a clear idea on how to do it - place a blank frame at the beginning of the movie and use javascript methods to tell the swf's to play()

I do not know whether you can get a stopped frame from swish (there is a seperate swish forum, otherwise I would know a way to modify an existing movie)
    Also this does not work in all browsers, and there is no way to make it work everywhere

Musicman

you might take a look at the FlashSound Javascript API at sonify.org. It is a simple to use javascript library that helps you control sound only movies from regular HTML links and buttons.

www.sonify.org/flashsound/