A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: collaboration, co-operation. The start of something cool?

collaboration, co-operation. The start of something cool?

I already posted at the coffee lounge but it seems people there are just too lazy

Basically a project of some kind, no limits, in flash, in photoshop, anything. Could be a big mural site, could be an upcoming internet design community, could be an experimental flash site.

I am open for ideas and invite some designers to help me with it, whatever it may be.

I know this is a big ask but it could be fun, all I need is at least one person to get it started hehe.

If your interested or have any ideas dont be afraid to let me know

Sweet

How about an application with a flash based interface that changes your backgrounds. So it updates them everythime you go online.

Jobs would include programing, supervisor, flash designers and people to submit backgrounds.
    subgenius.com

sounds interesting.

Are you interested with being involved with something like that SL?

Hell Yeah

I could do the interface, but not the scripting apart from like, Goto and stuff, and i could help with the backgrounds.

For it to be truley effective tho we need alot of people to add backgrounds and help out with the scripting, so come on guys, if you can help throw up a hand.
    subgenius.com

ok I will post in coding forums to get the word around.

True Life
    Hey,
    I'm always in for cool projects and I did start one once, but I never found enough people.
    Whatever it will be, count me in! I will help with anything if you want (and I'm able to or can learn)

Greets,
    Lucre
    Watch out for my battlecolours:
    |Infradead and Ultra Violent|

Developer
    The Bluegrass State Will Flash For Food ™
    If you need ActionScript (MX) help, I'm your man...

great! looks like we have the makings of something that kinda resembles a team!

Gsolo - actionscripter
    Squidlips - Interfacer
    Lucremonkey - not determined

ok guys If you could all reply to this this post to acknowledge your participation in this, it would be apreciated.

Flash Poser
    I'll help with then design of either the bgs, interface or w.e. I am also willing to learn some coding. count me in

http://bensmovies.cjb.net

Talking

im only 13 but if u av anything i can do i would luv to help
    ben

True Life

I'm in!

Hey,
    confirm me as a team-member
    What I will do?
    I can do a lot and what I can't I will learn. Just tell me what you want and I will figure out how to do it (as flexible as I can be ).

Idears:
    I have loads of idears. Just tell me if you want some of them and I will work them out (loads of them are in my head). Hopefully we can work some of them out together with the team

Ok, I thought about it and realised that I at least had to tell about one idear

Ok, I just watched 'True Life' I don't know if anyone of you is into snowboarding, but it's a snowboard video with the Forum team. I'm not a snowboarder myself (die-hard skiing dude (will learn to snowboard one day ), but I like these sort of videos. Not only the content of the tape is great, but the way things are made visual (the stuff that was made beside the shooting of the action) is great! The whole video is 290MB, but I will cut out some parts and show it somewhere this week to show you what I mean.
    I think that after seeing this my idear of how to present whatever we will make will be clear
    About music:
    I'm a music-addict. Not only the main-stream stuff but also less common and known stuff. Apart from music from people like Amon Tobin, Hybrid and Felix Da housecat I'm into all sorts of music. Keywords are: Hip-Hop, Dance, UK (Garage), Drum and Bass and loads more. I think that whatever we will make, no website is perfect without music. I think that it will be cool to add loads of music and I don't mean 10 sec. loops, but full mixes. How we will deal with webspace? We will figure something out

I would also like it when we try to be different. Normal websites use HTML textparts with images and some Flash for the intro or for the menu.
    What I would like to create?
    I would not only like to try and make stuff that might take some work, but will give a cool effect in the end.
    Instead of only using HTML, pictures and Flash; why don't we try to use whatever we need to make our idears look exactly like we want?
    What kind of programms am I thinking of?
    Well, apart from the normal web-tools let's try and use stuff like Maya. Stuff that are used to create the Hollywood looking stuff. I don't know if we can get people who are good in Maya. I'm starting to learn it, but I'm sure we can find some people.

Are my idears too mutch?
    I always like to come up with great idears at first and then figure out how I can create what I want. Please tell me if this is a way of working in which all of you can work. I think it will be good since this way you actually think of what you want and after that think of how you will do it instead of thinking what you can do with what know. Using the last way of working tends to give less cool idears then the first one.

Well, tell me what you think

Lucre

P.S. let's introduce myself:
    | Real name: Maarten de Groot
    | Location: Amsterdam, Holland
    | Age: 18
    | Current occupation: Commercial Economics Student, but will change to Interactive Media
    | Computer: 2.8 Ghz, 512 RDRAM, ATI Radeon 9700 PRO, 17" Hi-res TFT, so I can do anything with it, no limits here
    | Internet: Broadband
    (max download: 265KB/sec. max upload: 16 KB/sec. ), also no limits here

P.P.S. I could also ask a friend of mine who is a great hip-hop DJ. Maybe we could get his help. I also know a couple who other people who might help.
    Last edited by Lucremonkey; 04-01-2003 at 02:37 PM.

True Life
    okay, so is the rest still interested???

ok yeah im up for this, should be cool, im
    pretty good with flash, most aspects, photoshop and also good with mixing, i make my onw beats..

Flash Poser
    good to go

So just to clarify, its a flash based application that changes your background when you log on to the internet? or are we going with a different idea?

True Life
    Well, my idear is to make it a way bigger project.
    I like the background idear and it would be really cool to inclube, but why not make the project bigger.
    A whole website, community whatever we want. And this background flash application is one of the cool things we have to offer!

<3
    I'm keeping tabs on this thread cos I'm kinda interested. If you want to know some of the stuff I do (mainly images) go to my dev - http://aztecrose.deviantart.com/

yeah I was thinking more of a website/community as well...It's best to really define what we are gonna do before we start hehe. And a name as well...any ideas ? =D

True Life
    Ok, let me write some stuff down... will post it today

I'm working on it, will also post some movies with it to show some effects I like

Lucre

P.S. Saint: I watched your dev and you've got a cool style! I hope that you will also help in this project. Should be cool to work together with a person who you also battled
    Last edited by Lucremonkey; 04-05-2003 at 07:20 AM.

True Life
    Ok, here it is (little late because I had a lot to do )
    Presentation SWF
    I also have a zipped .exe, but my host (free) doesn't alow linkage to downloadable stuff, so you'll have to watch this one (also works when you not have the standalone Flashplayer, just open in a browser and the flash plugin reads it)

Well, enjoy!

Greets,
    Lucre
    Last edited by Lucremonkey; 04-06-2003 at 06:58 AM.