A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Flash Remoting Speed issue

Flash Remoting Speed issue

Has anyone had to deal with terribly slow processing results with Flash Remoting and .NET?

Are there any settings or setups with .NET that I should know about that can effect speed?

Calling .NET web services through Flash Remoting is taking 10 times longer than calling the .NET services directly through HTTP.

I noticed when I call through flash to the gateway connection obj to return its config information that m_Debug returns true.

Is there a way to turn debugging off at the Flash Remoting gateway, or is m_Debug just reflecting that I've loaded the netDebugger actionscript? I figured that may be one thing that is slowing it down.

Thanks for any help. Flash Remoting has been new and painfull for me so far.

check out my reply to your other thread, here:

http://www.flashkit.com/board/showth...hreadid=416459

The speed really shouldn't be a problem. XML serialization and deserialization does add a performance hit, but FRMX should be no different that say a WindowsForms or ASP.NET application consuming a WebService. FRMX is actually just a C# DLL anyway Sounds like something else is wrong with your app, but offhand, I'm not sure what, sorry!

Microsoft .NET MVP