A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: [RESOLVED] my flash movie...

my flash movie...

hello veterans...i told you before that i'll post my site...but i have one problem though, why does the flash movie
    takes forever to download? it's around 300 kb big...do i need to have a pre-loader? or is it just my home computer's screwing up. i need your opinion if i need to fix it or no need to...well here's the one i'm talking about...hope you like it, but yeah i'm just a beginner...
    http://www.angelfire.com/hiphop3/fm/index.htm

thanks,
    othello

Banned
    Other than writing a cookie on my machine, you have no object embed tag. Doesn't load up on my machine! And I'm on cable modem!

re:my site

i understand, but i did an htm file with the flash movie in it...so why would i embed it on my front page if i can directly use the href tag to go to the flash/htm file...? besides i need to insert the "pop up window" java script on the htm file because i created buttons for pop up windows on the flash file. is there any other way where i can just link the html file from the front page w/o messing up the flash html?
    Last edited by telo78; 01-24-2003 at 01:23 PM.

re:my site

THANK YOU VERY MUCH....flashkit veterans for your help...my site is now online more power and hope i can chat wid you guys soon when i'm doing a new project.
    thanks,
    othello

Banned
    Although it works fine on a fast connection (I'm on cable), just checked it on my old 56k dialup, and it took more than 2 minutes and 35 seconds to fully load the first main popup.
    You should add a preloader for slow connected users.