A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Opinions on Flash Remoting with .NET?

Opinions on Flash Remoting with .NET?

Does anyone have any opinions on Flash Remoting with .NET Web Services?

I'm interested in hearing anything. I couldn't find much here at Flash Kit.

My experience with it so far is that Flash Remoting is terribly slow when it has to handling large records or many of them, but it is most likely that I just don't understand how to set it up or use it properly.

Any thoughts on the subject of using Flash Remoting with .NET or on the speed issue would be greatly appreciated.

I was writing a program for a .NET and MX book, but it got cancelled, but I did get quite a bit of experience with FRMX. If you can afford it (that being the big downfall to it) it's absolutely fantastic! I haven't noticed any slowness problems, so it might have something to do with how you have it setup.

The example I wrote up was a User administrator example, with Flash MX as the frontend and a .NET WebService (written in VB.NET, but it could've easily been in C#) doing all the work. The entire thing was done using complext types (all custom objects, no recordsets or anything like that) and it seemed to work very fast. As always though, I'd recommend that you take a look at it for yourself and give it a try and make your own decision on it, but I'd say it would definitely be worth it

Microsoft .NET MVP