A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: linking swf

linking swf

Hi, this is my first post here. I'm interested is there any way to change link in swf file, of course without flash.
    For example, if you have banner ads campaign, you can't do all the time and change that links for affiliate people. Is there any chance to do it without flash. I know that is not possible to put in html table, and also know that is some software called URL Editor but I don't have it! If you have any solutions, I'll be greatfull.

One way of doing this would be to get the link from the database by using ASP or PHP code. You can change the link in the database by creating an web UI and accesing it from anywhere and changing it in the database.
    I dont know about the other available editors but i think this is one of the easiest way of doing it.

I can't belive that no one here "so called" flash designer can't solve this simple problem ?? What you guys doing than here ?

you could pull it from a database as mentioned above... or you could just store it in a text file and pull that. Just change the link and upload the txt file again.
    the legend that is...

ask me one on fish..not flash
    or you could just appreciate any help the people in here might give to you instead of whining that they cant "solve this simple problem"

which obviously you cant or you would not be in here in the first place.

"what you guys doing here than"
    well i am trying to learn and pass on my knowledge...but i suppose that aint good enough, me being a lowly fishmonger!!

try to be courteous or people will just ignore you.

and, for your interest, yes there are several ways to accomplish what you would like to do

gary_gone to fillet a fish
    I bought a Ouija board. The pointer spelled out 'You don't actually believe in this crap, do you

Yes, I appreciate help here but I didn't get anything here...
    Database is out of question and first acceptable answer here is yours.If this forum have big number of users and no one can help in that simple problem so what they do here than ??? What would be if I ask something more complicated..? Wait for about 1-2 years for answer ??
    And you are not the ONLY one here who doing something...you know..there is a lot of people who learning, working and many other things...so be a little bit decent..
    Maybe you need to be courteous, you attack me here for no reason and without cause...

LOL

Now here is something differnet which I didn't wish...I was just looking for some possible solutions to solve that problems..that's all.