A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: ! review review !

! review review !

! site site !

! wats ur review on it !

! some links dont work yet so dont be suprised !

i didnt like how it resized the window, and i didnt like the full screen. the full screen didnt seem necessary for such a small site.

It just looks like a typical web site, one of millions. Not very impressive. The pop ups were a real pain as well.
    Does your site make a lasting Dot Com Impression?
    www.dotcomImpressions.com

sorry about pop ups .... geocities problem ...

2nd ... i like the full screen hehehe looks nice to me ...

If you are going for simple you have acheived it. This site is lacking in...style, looks & design. It does however have content! Nothing more then typical I think.

P.S. Where is the Flash?

OLD New Member
    I gotta say, I kinda liked that H4x0rs-ese there; "uR IP," "Enter plz," etc., and as far as I could tell, almost everything on that site in unnecesarry. ESPECIALLY that IP checker. Um... Looking at your source is pretty aggrivating, why so much extra stuff? It just takes that much longer to load an all ready slow page. For so little content, I was VERY surprised at how slowly it loaded.

Also, you can get rid of that crosshair.css by adding that .crosshair { cursor: crosshair; } to the rest of the style specification. But be VERY careful when using CSS, especially when using absolute positioning so much. I suggest you just use tables for that. And if you want something to go to the bleedin' edges, put topmargin="0" leftmargin="0" into the body tag.

And there are MANY better hosts than geocities, Brinkster(.com) is a super cool one, lets you use ASP, but has a pretty crappy file managing system, but not as bad as Geocities.

And, add more color, but not that blue-orange-red-white combo.

Oop, I see some more il-formatted HTML/JS/CSS. In your blog.htm, I see you have a very small scrolling .js attached, just put that into your html, I think. And guess what, I think you should add that blog.css to the html...

And for the love of God: "your" not "ur" or possibly "you're," "surprise" not "suprise," and "please" not "plz."
    Last edited by infinity haver; 01-26-2003 at 11:34 PM.
    watch out for the ubiquitous ones.

OK. Here is one critic, do some about the small cross mouse pointer. It seems to be irratating.
    MY OTHER HAIR doo IS AN AFRO

agree

I agree with the post above - about resizing the screen.
    Don't do that to me again.
    Most internet surfers are particular about their settings...resizing the screen will irritate most people, and
    it's actually unnecessary. Unless you absolutely need to resize the screen to accompany a fantastic design,
    it's best to stick to good design principles.
    Agree about the spelling too.
    But the design worked for what you're trying to get across.
    FYI :: DSL, IE 6, Win Me, 1280 x 1024
    Hoping for PowerBook G4
    HD|SO|BTC

okkkkk i fixed the loading speeed .... does it load any faster ....

ill get rid of the stupid iframe this weekend so it will load even faster ... *mumbelin to self*

also ... i like to write plz instead of pleaseeeee!!!!

lorrddd haveee merrccyy!!

doi

! site site !
    Last edited by JEDINBGOKU; 01-27-2003 at 05:30 PM.

OLD New Member
    MUUUUCH better. Thanks. And the fullscreen isn't my personal preference, but whatever floats your boat.
    And I'm an English fanatic, so I enjoy pouncing on poor gramar.
    Technically, that is a much better site, I can't say much about the design, though, because I just can't design.
    watch out for the ubiquitous ones.

tu my good fella!

i changed the full screen thingy so its now normal ... i guess full screen is sort of annoying hunh?

i also took off the alert that pops up in beginning ... u only get it now if i know who u are ... so that annoyance is now gone

hopefully ill get rid of the iframe this weekend ... im just so busy with college *grrr* ...

peace!

! site site !
    Last edited by JEDINBGOKU; 01-29-2003 at 12:26 PM.