A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Motion Tweens

The village idiot

Motion Tweens

What exactly do motion tweens do?
    I don't like using 'help' because you get toooooooooooooo many results and they may as well be in a foreign language...

Mental Man

P.S. estudioworks, if you read this will you please answer that question on that thread last night...
    Everything I say is the truth.
    The above statement is a lie.

motion tween is used to give smooth motion of an object from one point to another. For example consider a simple pendulum. If you want to have an animation of simple pendulum say from 0 degrees to 60 degrees over 25 sec interval of time.Create two key frames of the same object at two different frames one at 0 deg and other at 60 deg seperated by 25 sec interval. Select the first key frame and choose motion tween. Your animation is done. You have the pendulum swinging from 0 deg to 60 deg.

The village idiot

Oh, I think I get it

So basically, I put in two (KEY)frames, select a point at the second frame(?) and then the time between the two is the motion of the object...so (if you've ever used SWiSH) it works like the motion tool on that...

Thanks

Mental Man

yes its like a motion creating tool. you select the first key frame and choose motion tween so that it will continue to the next available key frame.

The village idiot

Thanx

Thanx man, I don't suppose you could answer a question on a sound thread too, it's something that me and the moderator 'estudioworks' were discussing all last night(-GMT) I cant be bothered to put in a link, but at the moment it's on the second page of this Flash MX board, and it's called scene sounds or something like that, started by me. He gave me a .fla file for help with it, but you might be able to help me without the help of that...

naM latneM