A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: damn superbowl refs suck!!!

Hybrid View

damn superbowl refs suck!!!

6 mins left - and the raiders were clearly forced out - the ref was standing right there, what is he blind???

thats such BS

ugh

Developer
    The Bluegrass State Will Flash For Food ™

lucky i didnt bet

CapTy99.com Webmaster
    does it really matteR?

Re: damn superbowl refs suck!!!

Originally posted by mouse111
    6 mins left - and the raiders were clearly forced out - the ref was standing right there, what is he blind???

thats such BS

ugh
    Not really. True he was pushed, but it was so close you couldn't possibly hope for an overturn.

Bad call..but a correct one. In order to rightfully overturn that they had to prove he would have landed if not for the push..impossible with something that border line.

Clif

Nyuk! Nyuk! Nyuk! Hey Moe... serpent star's Avatar

Re: Re: damn superbowl refs suck!!!

Originally posted by clifgriffin
    Not really. True he was pushed, but it was so close you couldn't possibly hope for an overturn.

Bad call..but a correct one. In order to rightfully overturn that they had to prove he would have landed if not for the push..impossible with something that border line.

Clif
    Wrong clif... the ref was not to be swayed and it was clearly, at the very least, a questionable call, at most absolutely wrong, on a non challengable call. Replay and it's many wrinkles is a joke and makes a mockery of itself and the concept of calling a proper game. Get it right or get rid of it... either make everything challengable or make nothing challengable, that's it, no gray area.

disgusted.

point is, there is no way that ref should have been so emphatic on such an important and questionable call.

Re: Re: Re: damn superbowl refs suck!!!

Originally posted by serpent star
    Wrong clif... the ref was not to be swayed and it was clearly, at the very least, a questionable call, at most absolutely wrong, on a non challengable call. Replay and it's many wrinkles is a joke and makes a mockery of itself and the concept of calling a proper game. Get it right or get rid of it... either make everything challengable or make nothing challengable, that's it, no gray area.

disgusted.
    Well I'd agree that they shouldn't reviewed it...but how can you possibly think they could have fairly overturned that?

I was cheering for the raiders too...but I really think the refs made the right decision..the first time.

The evidence was not there for an overturn...and even if they had overturned it..Raider's still would have lost.

Actually..if you ask me..the Raiders didn't deserve to win. Tampa deserved to win..they just outplayed the Raiders in every way.

The raiders did get outplayed but the replay thing has had me in a bad mood for the last 4 years or however long it's been back...

I hate instant replay the way it is now.

Yeah..they got robbed last time which is why I wanted them to get it this year..but they didn't show up.

Not even close enough of a game to worry about it !!

Running Plodding & Limping SpockBert's Avatar
    yeah the guy was definitely offside, the linesman got it totally wrong, should never have allowed the goal.

Still if you're gonna play a 3-5-2 formation with wingbacks and one of them is carrying a knock you'll always gonna be prone to the ball over the top when trying to step up and play offside...

oh hang on....wrong sport!! I'll shut up now

So what happened, did the Raider's quarterback just have a disaster game, was that the difference?

ps. glad the bucs won so at least my friend's team the Eagles went out to the eventual winners, no disgrace in that.

Re: damn superbowl refs suck!!!

Originally posted by mouse111

thats such BS

ugh
    This was an atrocious call, no doubt. Ask yourself, though, was it realistic for the Raiders to come back with 6 minutes left and the Bucs with the ball?

well at least with those 2 points they could have had some inspiration

when it was clear that the ref was a jerk, the raiders gave up and let those lat 2 TD's in

i think it was POSSIBLE, maybe not likely though

but still

SpockBert: it wasnt their quarter back who had a bad game, it was their defence who couldnt protect their QB, which therefore gave the QB a bad game - but when they had that defence, you could see them put the points on the board