A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: How do I create a password entry text field

How do I create a password entry text field

How do I create a password entry text field that when the user enters a certain password, it will take them to a certain page?

Much thanks!

~ Zaza

Are you using PHP, ASP, JavaScript or Flash?

If you are using Flash please use the Actionscript forum.

TE

Mike Haverstock
    if your using flash, you will need a dynamic text field and a submit button... Go to the properties panel and make sure dynamic text field is selected. Then select password in the same panel. I'd name the textfield "password" in the 'var' box... The your gonna need to put action script into the submit button.... There are basically two ways of doing this... One way would be to put the passwords in an if statement.
    Code:
    on(RELEASE) {
                     if (password=="your_password"){
                     gotoAndStop("granted");
                     }else{
                     gotoAndStop("denied");
                      }
                     }
    this will check that the password the user entered matches the correct password. Then if it does... it will take the user to the frame named "granted". If it isn't correct, it will take them to the "denied" frame.. Make sure you have named these frames correctly... The other way would be to load the correct password from an outside source like a php file.. This way is a tad bit more secure but not much... Someone could just download your flash file read your action script with a special program and find your password. With the outside source, it wouldn't be in the flash action script, but the action script would tell them where to find the page to get the password... anyway you go.. flash isn't very secure with passwords... if you have any questions, give me an e-mail at mikehaverstock@hotmail.com.... you may get some help from
    this tutorial

Hi,

if you can use a server, never ask the server to send the password, but rather send the password to the server abd have it respond with just a pass / fail code...

Musicman