A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: sendAndLoad publish problem

sendAndLoad publish problem

I am using the following to post a flash form to a CGI script on our providers server:

lv.sendAndLoad("http://www.domain.com/cgi-bin/mailto", resultsLv, "POST");

When I publish the SWF and HTML file I get the following results:

SWF - When I submit the form in the Flash Player (not the browser) the form posts correrctly.

HTML - When I submit the form through a browser the script doesnt accept it.

I dont have access to the script and doesnt return anything.

Anyone have any idea what the problem is???

Thanks,

Steve

unfortunately, you can't, directly anyway.

the reason is because of flash's sandboxing. the stand alone player works just fine because you're running it locally and sandboxing doesn't apply. when you run it from a webpage, the urls that you try to access (with anything, LoadVariables, LoadMovie, XML.SendAndLoad, etc...) MUST be on the same domain or flash won't do them.

There are some work arounds, but they don't involve flash. basically, you have to use a server side scripting language to redirect the request from flash to the actual URL you want to go to, so your sendAndLoad would actually be called on a script on your main domain, that would then redirect the request to the actual url you want it to go to.

I'd send you to an example of this, but the only ones i know of were on were-here.com

Microsoft .NET MVP

Thanks

I have read tech on the issue you are speaking of...except if I load the page to site www.domain.com and then post to the script location which is www.domain.com/cgi-bin/mailto it still doesnt work.

Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Steve