A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Boardroom members show yourself

You know of it friend? Tis a great place to live but the people there stink to be frank.

The Minister of No Crap

Originally posted by gdstudios
    You live 7 miles from Philly in PA? Or East in NJ? I grew up in Moorestown.
    Small world. I'm actually in PA. Upper Darby/Lansdowne to be exact.

Scott

An Inconvenient Serving Size hurricaneone's Avatar
    You know of it friend? Tis a great place to live but the people there stink to be frank.
    I studied and worked in Philly for more than 10 years, travelling around all over the tri-state area (hell, I had nothing better to do when I was in school). I was in Center City and West Chester mostly, but I know NE Philly (aggghhhh) and Jersey pretty well too.

Hey scott, Upper Darby's at the start of the Main Line area, running up Route 30?
    Stand by for emergency synapse rerouting

Originally posted by nocrapchurch
    Small world. I'm actually in PA. Upper Darby/Lansdowne to be exact.

Scott
    Are you an Eagles fan? Tough luck this year.

Originally posted by hurricaneone
    I studied and worked in Philly for more than 10 years, travelling around all over the tri-state area (hell, I had nothing better to do when I was in school). I was in Center City and West Chester mostly, but I know NE Philly (aggghhhh) and Jersey pretty well too.

Hey scott, Upper Darby's at the start of the Main Line area, running up Route 30?
    South Jersey is so much better than Philly. Nice to meet people who have been in the area. I'm actually heading home for my birthday next week. I miss it up there.

Heaven is made
    of 1's and 0's
    Name: Chris Ortenburger
    Company: Eyenovation

My 'company' began as an accident, really. As many of you know, I am an aspiring race car driver: www.chrisortenburger.com - I needed a site for myself for promitional purposes, but could not afford the astronomical fees associated with hiring a designer (during the dot com boom). So... like any other eager young man would, I got ahold of some old software and taught myself the ropes by going to a Barnes & Noble every day to read tutorial books.

I never intended to do anything with it once my site went up, until someone saw my personal site and wanted to know if I could design his...for money. The rest is history.

Now the thing has taken off and I find myself with an interesting dilemma after I graduate. Pursue this for all it could be - or take my degree and earn some real money.

Okay after reading all 4 pages(even the spam by RM, Vamps and OD). I felt possessed (yes possessed) to fill you all in.

My name is Shane, I'm 28, and an animator on Vancouver, Canada. I've a lovley wife and two kids. A 3 year old boy and 4 week old girl. My user name is self explanatory don't you think I'm currently working freelance from home. On whatever projects I can find or in some cases the ones that fall in my lap. BTW thanx to the FK member whom sent my site and email to my latest client.

And to Scott your wife reminds me of a giant version of Strawberry Shortcake Hehe Sorry I couldn't resist. I'm also easily amused.
    Wash My Dirty Mouth

Im no good at this kind of stuff, but oh well....

The name is Angel Colberg. I work as a consultant in the development of web based courseware and simulation systems for the military.
    I have lived in Saudi Arabia, Switzerland, Holland and now the U.S.
    and I travel frequently to wherever I can. I used to be a DJ in Rotterdam and Orlando until I finished college and became a boring developer(lol). I still do promotions locally for a few DJs here in the Orlando area and spin from time to time. Well, thats about it. On that point, if youre into breakbeat or trance, head on over to one of my sites where my buddy Santana gives out free mixes twice a month. DJ Santana
    Peace.

My name Is Evan Hughes, got into Flash as part of my Bachelor of Applied Science (IT&IS) degree in 2nd year multimedia. Currently writing my honours thesis aswell as working full time developing a CRM system for a company I used to work for.

I'm very happy being a contractor at the moment, but would love to see the end of my current project, take a day for myself, then concentrate on the 25,000 words I have to write by November .

I'm 21, living in Melbourne's eastern suburbs, and trying hard not to end up as a graphic professional, but everything keeps pulling me that way... just got another contract dropped in my lap , lol!

BTW... just got a new girlfriend who I think is absolutely AMAZING.

E.

I got the point... Picture Removed by Geoff. (I thought I saw post a picture in the start of this thread, honest)
    ---
    I have been in entertainment for more than twenty years in fact all of my working life.

I have two kids. One is married and one lives with my wife and I.

My career has included broadcasting on AM and FM radio stations, Television and the Internet. At my recording studio projects include album production, commercials, Narration, Internet audio, audio illustration, film sound track/sound design work and video production.

I live near Vancouver, Canada and have never been a game show host (people ask me all the time if I am the guy from Hollywood of the same name).

I love network with like minded people so I may bring my talents to projects that will make us some dough so we can keep doing what we like...

In case you are working on a school report you can read even more about my experiences here.
    Last edited by Geoff Edwards; 02-14-2003 at 01:57 PM.

it is a real nice thread . always good to read more about those you interact with every day .

I am Arindra Datta . I live in India , more specificaly kolkata, West Benagl. Started as a web designer, flash lover . Now have entered into the Web Hosting industry as well , happily for the past 7-8 months .
    I love playing computer games .... mostly strategy and sports . and enjoy making freinds in various forums of varied topics.

tublu I haven't seen you around for a bit.

hi gdstudios,
    yeah .... i haven't been FK for much time. i lurk at some times. but don't get to post as much . been busy with my hosting thing will try to catch up you guys more here soon again.

The Minister of No Crap

South Jersey is so much better than Philly.
    Man, you better be glad you're saying that over a computer and not in person.

I'm actually looking for work back in the Philly area. I might be returning. I miss it. Washington stinks, really.

Harry Tuttle phantomflanflinger's Avatar
    I'm phantomflanflinger, see my biog here: http://tv.cream.org/arktis2.htm

I haven't really got what it takes to be a real Flashkit pro. I see from some board member's sites that in between their daily work of posting here they make Web sites. This is a coincidence because I actually make sites for cash (yawn!) and post here (yay!) for fun and education, although I think if I sink a few weeks work into my footer and perhaps a weekend or two into my avatar, I could be a Flashkit pro, up here with thousands of posts and a lot of Flash kudos.

In general: don't listen to me.
    We're all in it together

Originally posted by phantomflanflinger
    I'm phantomflanflinger, see my biog here: http://tv.cream.org/arktis2.htm

I haven't really got what it takes to be a real Flashkit pro. I see from some board member's sites that in between their daily work of posting here they make Web sites. This is a coincidence because I actually make sites for cash (yawn!) and post here (yay!) for fun and education, although I think if I sink a few weeks work into my footer and perhaps a weekend or two into my avatar, I could be a Flashkit pro, up here with thousands of posts and a lot of Flash kudos.

In general: don't listen to me.
    ever the sarcastic.

whats your name son ?
    Living the dream

Oh lighten up. What are you, a big girls' blouse?

It's Rob.
    We're all in it together

Originally posted by phantomflanflinger
    Oh lighten up. What are you, a big girls' blouse?

It's Rob.
    I'm joking.

how we doing rob? must be busy, you've not been here for a while
    Living the dream

If I post I'm not busy. Slow month, just updating existing multimedia, no new projects.

When will you post the PHP files for the CMS?
    And what about that game company that ripped you off?
    You can't leave the whole Flashkit community in suspense, Brucey baby!!

Surname is Cohn, I think that's safe to post. A bit of private dick work and wou'll find me now. It's boring being anonymous, but it means I can be completely honest.
    We're all in it together