A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: button tweening problem

button tweening problem

Hi!

I really hope someone here can shed some light on a weird problem. basically, I have two buttons. one activates a motion tween which changes a circle into a rounded box and moved the two sample buttons. The other does nothing in the sample. it all works fine except if you pass your mouse over any button (including the one that starts the tween) it no longer responds to any movement. nothing. even re-playing from frame 1 (without reloading the swf) does not move the button.

the included fla has more info. Thanks in advance.

- utterly confused -
    Attached Files Attached Files

I took the alpha and scale codes off your buttons and did it manually on the over and down states in the button, and it works fine without increaseing the file size. something in the code was making it hang.

PEACE,
    Drop

Hey... attached is the modified fla.

Generally when you want to modify properties of things you want to stick to movie clips... so rather than make the "help" and "pink" things buttons, I made them movie clips with invisible buttons ontop. Have a look, hope it helps.

Invisible buttons man... it's where it's at.

Cheers,

gc

Hmmm...

Thanks for the help! Actually, I tried the invisible button/movie clip trick earlier, but it bloated the file quite a bit (there are a dozen or so of these butons in the final product.)

As for inkdrop's solution -- great! but how did you manually change the alpha of the button in the 'over' phase? I could never find how to do this manually.

I expect that something in my code set up some internal loop and as long as that loop was active, the object could not be tweened, but I couldn't do the alpha change sans AS.

How did you set the 'over' state alpha?

- M -

Doh!

Never mind inkdrop. Just figured it out. As I expected is was simple.

Thanks Goldfish and Inkdrop!

"There it is"
    - M -