A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Slide show

Slide show

First off, I want to say thanks in advance to anyone who can help me with this problem.

I am very new to flash, and I was creating a form of a slideshow. The thing is all the information I have seen on here has been slideshows that have buttons on them, and I want mine to switch an image every second.

The solution I came up with. I inserted the following code on every 12th frame: loadMovieNum("logo.JPG",1); and did this with all the pictures i wanted to load. I am sure there is a better way of doing this. The movie seems a bit choppy with this method. The reason I did this is because I do not want to load all the images becauae they are arounf 30-45 kb a piece and it would take the film forever to load.

Any ideas in how to make this better would be greatly apprciated. Also, I have read the sound tut, but it was still a little fuzzy. I have a 2 meg mp3 i want to play as the slides move, but again is there a way it can play without having to load the whole file first.

I have tried mySound = new Sound();
    loadSound = ("music.mp3",true) but it does not seem to work when I put that on the first frame of the main movie.

Banned
    For sound check: http://www.kennybellew.com

Thanks oldnewbie, I will take a look at that right now