A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: exporting Flash to AVI (or MOV) for broadcast - HELP!

exporting Flash to AVI (or MOV) for broadcast - HELP!

I have a Flash animation that contains filmclips, each of which has its own timeline. The movie plays fine when exported as a SWF but I am running into problems when I try to export it, either as a MOV or AVI. Ultimately the animation will be edited in Aftereffects for TV broadcast.

When I export as MOV (Quicktime format), the MOV file that is created is very small - just 13 k. The video editor could not work with this file in AfterEffects, because it's not a true bitmapped file - the file is so small because it still retains some Flash vector formatting...

When I export as AVI, the file created is large - 23 megabytes, but the animation doesn't play.

I feel like this must be a common problem with Flash but yet I haven't been able to find the solution anywhere yet!

Someone please help! Thanks.

Sarah

Wildform Moderator
    When you export an avi or mov from Flash, it will contain only the elements of the swf that are on the main timeline.

jb
    http://www.wildform.com

Check out FlashAnts, they have a plugin for Premier(?) that maintains movie clips when converting to .avi.

www.flashants.com