A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: losing sync (audio/video) sample boardcast

losing sync (audio/video) sample boardcast

I using a modify version of sample broadcast and it seems that as I switch users who have questions I begin to lose sync with the users. In other words as I pick on a person to broadcast each time I pick the same person again their sync between video and audio goes off (the video seems to get ahead of the audio). Has anyone had or seen this problem?

Thanks
    OR>

Arckid - Curving the Web
    can you tell me speed of both ends? and hope your server has enough bandwidth.
    Ashvin Savani (Arckid)

CEO & Founder, Avinashi Systems Pvt. Ltd.
    Team Macromedian
    Avinashi Videomail - My latest work

The server is setup with 2 meg bandwidth. This happens with just two of us (both going in with cable modems). The app is base on the sample Boardcast that come with FCS. It seems related (or get worst) as I switch the student in and out (losing sync). I need to do more testing but I was wondering if anyone knows of existing problems with losing sync (video/audio) in FCS. (audio and video are defaulting to bulid in specs (video 160x120 etc).

Thanks
    OR>

Arckid - Curving the Web
    can u give me a link so i can check from here? and hopefully your time to available at there so we can test it together.
    Ashvin Savani (Arckid)

Team Macromedian

Thanks for the offer but we are in the middle of a project and have little time (we tested with sample code that came with FCS). This same problem can be seen in the Panel Presentation sample. If you use the Pause "video" or "Mic" it seems fine but if you use the "x" button a few times you will start to see the video and sound losing sync(this could be a control problem). The Boardcast Presentation shows this if you do some switching between viewer and speaker (about 4/5+ switchs will do it) - has anyone seen this ?

OR>

Arckid - Curving the Web
    I tried to reCreate such error as you described. can i have your links so i can check it?
    Ashvin Savani (Arckid)

Team Macromedian

You tried the the Boardcast Presentation sample app and you didn't see this problem? (switching between viewer and speaker about 4/5+ switchs will do it) or this same problem can be seen in the Panel Presentation sample (again it seems fine but if you use the "x" button a few times you will start to see the video and sound losing sync). I wanted to use code anyone could look at (like FCS sample apps) so this way everyone could see the problem. Showing our code with the problem won't help because you don't have code to look at. If no one can see this problem than I may need to post sample apps at my site to retest.

OR>

It seems that the losing sync issue is somewhat related to keyframes.
    I found that by playing with _cam.setKeyFrameInterval(_global.qKeyRate);
    I was able to stay longer in sync but I have not been able to stop it from losing sync after a while of switching between students. I'm surprised that so few (almost none) have had or seen this problem (I did get others to verify). This would not show it self unless you did a lot of switching streams on and off. I'm still hoping to find a work around but if I can't it will limit the usefulness of FCS for future work.

If anyone has any solution please share.

Thanks
    OR>