A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Movie Control

Movie Control

Hi, I have a flash movie with sound that I am entering in a juried art exibition. The flash player that will be playing at the gallery works fine because all it has to do is loop all day. My problem is putting the movie on a webpage, I need start/stop control. I think I can either put controls in the movie, or on the webpage. I have not been able to accomplish this yet. I may be going about it the wrong way, or else there is something that I'm just not getting......any suggestions.? ...thanks ... Mike

Eaht exactly do you want to do?

Hey Mike,

start / stop is no problem. Therefore you need to describe your movie more exactly. Do you need interactivity using buttons or do you just want to stop the movie after one single loop?

In second case, simply go to your last frame, use a keyframe and open your acionscript panel. Type the word "stop()" tthats it.

Christian

Definite buttons

Hi Christian, I definitely need a Start and a Stop button somewhere on the stage. Also having trouble knowing where to insert the "action script" for the sound. A little about the movie. It is 4.5 minutes, a little over 4000k with an .mp3 that plays the full length. I have had it where the graphics stop, but can't get the music file to stop at the same time. Tried all different combinations of things but the movie seems to have developed "an intelligence" of its own, anticipating my every move. ...... Mike