A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: My Portfolio

My Portfolio

Pls. check out my online portfolio.. we might have a business together in the future... www.freewebs.com/liveware1

Hello!

Well first off... impressive amount of effort you put into this site! There are some very cool things happening...I like the hand and the asteroids! That intro animation is really very cool!

The main interface with the hand and the explosion is also interesting... maybe the explosion is a little over done..

However...

I just dont get what is up with all the "robotic" stuff on the border...it seems to me that there is no purpose for it being there...its taking up 75% of your page and it does absolutely nothing... I would say the cardinal rule in web design is DONT WASTE SPACE! Theres precious little of it to spare anyway so you should take advantage of what youve got..!

Also... I would watch your transitions... its a little strange that the little bar comes out over everything.. it looks... i dont know.. wrong...

Also.. use a pixel typeface if you're going to go that small... try www.fontsforflash.com or www.atomicmedia.net

And.. this is more a personal thing... but I think valid...maybe tone down the whole "robot space war" thing... I mean I know its fun and all... but its a little tired... you know... whirr....cachunk beep... i mean... you know... its ok... but maybe find a little more subtle and original way to do it...

also it is not very easy to know where you are going in this interface... i know the little labels come up to show you what everything is... but once they go away... I'm lost! This is Ok for fun... but if you want to attract clients they arent going to be very patient with this!

anyhoo... happy flashing!
    Tiger got to hunt,
    Bird got to fly;
    Man got to sit and wonder, "Why, why, why?"

Tiger got to sleep,
    Bird got to land;
    Man got to tell himself he understand.

www.michaelselto.com

wow.. now that's what i called a constructive criticism.. Ok I'll update my site regarding your comments... thanks
    http://www.freewebs.com/liveware1

->

Originally posted by mselto
    Hello!

Well first off... impressive amount of effort you put into this site! There are some very cool things happening...I like the hand and the asteroids! That intro animation is really very cool!

The main interface with the hand and the explosion is also interesting... maybe the explosion is a little over done..

However...

I just dont get what is up with all the "robotic" stuff on the border...it seems to me that there is no purpose for it being there...its taking up 75% of your page and it does absolutely nothing... I would say the cardinal rule in web design is DONT WASTE SPACE! Theres precious little of it to spare anyway so you should take advantage of what youve got..!

Also... I would watch your transitions... its a little strange that the little bar comes out over everything.. it looks... i dont know.. wrong...

Also.. use a pixel typeface if you're going to go that small... try www.fontsforflash.com or www.atomicmedia.net

And.. this is more a personal thing... but I think valid...maybe tone down the whole "robot space war" thing... I mean I know its fun and all... but its a little tired... you know... whirr....cachunk beep... i mean... you know... its ok... but maybe find a little more subtle and original way to do it...

also it is not very easy to know where you are going in this interface... i know the little labels come up to show you what everything is... but once they go away... I'm lost! This is Ok for fun... but if you want to attract clients they arent going to be very patient with this!

anyhoo... happy flashing!

|
    |
    |

T H E | E X T R A T E R R E S T R I A L | F L Y
    _______________________________________|

Glad you found it constructive! Some people ask for opinions then get upset about it! Im anxious to see what you do with it! Dont just take my word though... oh and [D]... ummm ? did you forget to type? lol just messin...
    Tiger got to hunt,
    Bird got to fly;
    Man got to sit and wonder, "Why, why, why?"

Tiger got to sleep,
    Bird got to land;
    Man got to tell himself he understand.

www.michaelselto.com

Well its not very long but here is my list.

1. It is "Portfolio" not "porfolio"
    I can only postulate the probability of performing at a paramount level of perfection praised by the pulchritudinous paragon whose only practice is to preserve such a paradigm.

lol