A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 167 of 202 FirstFirst ... 67117157163164165166167168169170171177 ... LastLast
Results 3,321 to 3,340 of 4034

Thread: FK official war thread !!

8==========8
    Originally posted by CVO Chris
    He did accept that. It's in his post which you quoted. Look :

See?

This is just more nit-picking. There's loads of it here. Coalition forces are risking their necks for Iraq and the world while some people sit here and try to get one over on "the other side".

*sighs*
    He is saying he could be wrong that conspiracies and such are mainly behind it. He wasn't saying it could possibly be all genuine. But fine, sorry I keep pissing you off.

*sighs*
    *sighs again*

I Mastered Dead Technology TallGuyLittleCar's Avatar
    . To be honest I've had a few too many Heineken and I don't even know what we are arguing about anymore

its only 5:30!
    ONLY RON PAUL AND ALUMINUM FOIL CAN SAVE YOU NOW!
    annoy your politician fairtax.org, a political forum

Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabris, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

yeah, like that's ever been an excuse to not get drunk
    "They're very much like scruffy pigs to look at, and they've got big, knobbly warts and lumps all over their long, hairy faces. They are very, very ugly indeed..."

Whoa, I can't believe it - some of you have been here all day! Long hours eh?
    No. What you said may be true but we'll never know. Had the war not started then at least something could be done to resolve the UN's lack of action on the issue and thus Iraq could then be liberated with a worldwide united coalition. The fact is that the war has started so why are people still dwelling on it? The UN is in a bad state already. If people keep harping on about how useless it is then how can it possibly hope to reflect worldwide opinion when it has to compete with such a reputation? Hopefully they will be more effective in the future.

(Don't forget that when you say UN this includes America, the UK and other countries that supported the war! You make the UN sound like Saddam's friend when it's soo obviously not.)
    I believe France stated that they wouldn't back, same as the Russians, ANY military action against Iraq. ie so no UN action would have ever taken place, not after 3 months, not after 5 years. So i think that is pretty much a known, unless something would have happened to make these two countries to change their mind.

VR - you type better when drunk. Impeccible spelling!

I Mastered Dead Technology TallGuyLittleCar's Avatar
    Originally posted by swampy
    yeah, like that's ever been an excuse to not get drunk
    I reserve the right to be jealous.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...=540&ncid=1473

story about iraqi embasy in brazil burning papers.

"It's all lies," said the official, Abdu Saif. "We are only burning garbage and recently cut grass."

A short time later, a man who answered the phone at the embassy said only, "I'm not working now" and hung up.
    ONLY RON PAUL AND ALUMINUM FOIL CAN SAVE YOU NOW!
    annoy your politician fairtax.org, a political forum

Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabris, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

Originally posted by Bones12484
    He is saying he could be wrong that conspiracies and such are mainly behind it. He wasn't saying it could possibly be all genuine. But fine, sorry I keep pissing you off.

*sighs*
    *sighs again*
    You don't piss me off. No one here does. I get the feeling I'm annoying you slightly. If so, I'll back off. I'm not here to offend.

Thanks CVO, I was about to post the same response.

As far as the possibility of peace without a war... UN could have been given another chance.
    I'm trying to say that it could be possible. Three members of the Security Council do not believe this for no reason...

Remember Milosevic? His own people arrested him. So can we say that NATO intervention in Yugoslavia was unnecessary? Perhaps, why not...

War was one of the very very very few ways to get rid of Saddam. The only other way I can think of special ops.

I believe that there are actually good intentions behind this war. I also accept that maybe there are a few ulterior motives that I am unaware of, but for the most part -- it's being done to LIBERATE the Iraqis and end the reign of a mad man. I admit that I am probably not being open-minded enough. Just because you believe in potential conspiracies doesn't mean you're being as objective as you can be. In that case, you should also accept the possibility of this war being all for good reasons.
    How would Spec Ops have prevented the war? Even with Sadam gone, the Ba'ath (sp) party would have still held up the government.

What does everyone this of this man? Iraqi National Congress leader Ahmad Chalabi

apparently he hasn't been in Iraq for a long long long time, before Saddam even came to power. And he's doing his damnest to gain a foothold in Iraq. For some reason he was flown in by the CIA with something like 700 other Iraqi's, and "his sources" say Saddam is alive but in hidden in a city NE of Baghdad with one of his sons, and that Chemical Ali also got away, but wounded, and is there with Saddam too.

CNN
    Last edited by Hellsbellboy; 04-09-2003 at 05:49 PM.

8==========8
    You don't piss me off. No one here does. I get the feeling I'm annoying you slightly. If so, I'll back off. I'm not here to offend.
    Sorry, I took your comments a little too seriously. It seemed like you were ragging on me specifically since you pointed out "loads" of nit-picking going on and then chose to single me out. I apologize for responding the way I did to you. As for why I nit-picked about Nik's post- I am tired of all the damn conspiracies. I know there's probably tons of conspiracies that have some truth, but when I compare reasons for the war, I hear conspiracies a LOT more than I hear people say it's for the liberation of the Iraqi people.

And hellsbellboy, I was referring to getting rid of Saddam. War was one of the very few choices to get rid of him specifically. You make a good point about the rest of the Ba'ath party, though.

Originally posted by Hellsbellboy
    I believe France stated that they wouldn't back, same as the Russians, ANY military action against Iraq. ie so no UN action would have ever taken place, not after 3 months, not after 5 years. So i think that is pretty much a known, unless something would have happened to make these two countries to change their mind.
    Didn't see this!

I know what the issues are with France etc. I think more pressure could have been put on them and, if it still promised to veto the war unfairly then the only other option is for UN reconstruction of some sort. The supporters could withdraw funding. I'm no politician but there must have been something they could do. We won't know.

Again you may be right, but what if you were wrong? Doesn't matter. Wars started.

I'll have to agree to disagree with you on that one!

Originally posted by TallGuyLittleCar
    its only 5:30!
    hehe I know, happy hour.

Originally posted by Visionray
    hehe I know, happy hour.
    dude, you've beat me to it... catch up time.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

Sorry, I took your comments a little too seriously. It seemed like you were ragging on me specifically since you pointed out "loads" of nit-picking going on and then chose to single me out. I apologize for responding the way I did to you. As for why I nit-picked about Nik's post- I am tired of all the damn conspiracies. I know there's probably tons of conspiracies that have some truth, but when I compare reasons for the war, I hear conspiracies a LOT more than I hear people say it's for the liberation of the Iraqi people.
    Bones, it's all right. I don't believe that you nit-picked intentionaly. If you feel that you are reading more conspiracies-related posts instead of "Iraqi Freedom", it probably means that there are more anti-war flashers in here than, pro-coalition FK fellows (and this does not necessarily mean pro-war).

Okay, this is getting too mushy. Yep, it's that time again :

GROUP HUG!

early night for me so I won't be replyin' anytime soon. Adios

Originally posted by clifgriffin
    I think we need to calm down for a long while after Iraq...to show people we aren't out there waging war for fun.

Syria doesn't pose us any threat. By teaching Iraq a lesson, we've shocked the Arab world.

For some reason, they didn't think Iraq would be so utterly defensless. I think this will start a small wave of good...that could turn into a title wave. You never know.
    i agree. many people were against the war because they said we did not know what kind of turmoil it would cause. i believe that, at this point, we do not know what good it might cause either. in my judgement, it would seem rash to immediately invade Syria when the fall of Iraq may spur a favorable change there already.

Oh people. This war will do more good than most of you can even fathom at this point. If only I could bring all of you into my time machine and show the things that I've seen in the future.

Originally posted by gdstudios
    Oh people. This war will do more good than most of you can even fathom at this point. If only I could bring all of you into my time machine and show the things that I've seen in the future.
    a wise person once told me... the only thing that ever told the truth was time.

so... give it time. I don't trust too much else. we'll se.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

Originally posted by gdstudios
    GD, maybe it's comments like this that you need to hold back on, since unless you have some crystal ball there is no way to know what the next 5 or 10 years will hold for the Middle East.

And some of us get a little put off by your assumptions in an area of the world where everyone else's assumptions over the last 2,000 years have proved to be false. Tale recent events with the grain of salt they need to be taken with, and have hope for the future, but don't assume anything.
    Michezo Youth Initiative - donate | Into Kenya | Naked Chronicles | Mark Bingham - my friend, America's hero

To help new members fit into Flashkit, three rules they forgot to tell you on signup: Rule #1: Learn Group Think, and behave accordingly | Rule #2: Do as certain Mods say, not as they do. | Rule #3: If you're from outside the US, don't at any time criticise, allude or hyperlink to criticism of the US or any of their laws, policies or practices. | Enjoy your time at Flashkit!