A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Help with MS Visual C++!!!

Hi there, it's me again....
    ...Well, I was convinced that I'd better use C++ instead of Visual Basic to display a Flash Movie in it, cause I was annoyed that I should include so many files (the runtime dll's and Flash OCX) to make my .exe work. 1.4MB's of Visual Basic procedures and basic controls that I DONT USE??? No no no no.....

I was familiar with Borland Turbo C++ (I was in a OOP class for a year), but since I don't have it, I installed instead the MS Visual C++ 6....and OH MY GOD....I understand NOTHING!!!!

In the Flash CD is a folder with a MS visual C++ example on it. I viewed it for maybe 2 or 3 hours... I only understood some pieces of code.....but anyway I felt lost staring blankly at the screen for about those 3 hours....

Somehow I managed to get into a "Form View", as in VB, and I selected the Flash object, then it's properties, I changed the movie property to point my movie, and built the exe... but the original movie appeared instead, and kept appearing even after I deleted it!!!

Can anyone help me to get this thing right??? I only need to display the movie in the .exe, no additional controls, and I don't want to create a Flash projector, cause I need to supress the title bar, menubar and other things... I maximize, minimize, and close within the movie (using FS Commands)...

I got this project working in VB already, but I repeat: It annoys me that I'm using 1.4MB's of RAM that I don't need...

Any tutorial or example files or codes are welcome, as well as links regardin' programming in MS VC++ and Flash.... Thanx!

gettin' used to MS VC++ now!

Heh, sorry for this post guys.... anyway, I managed to make it work now....but now here is the question: How do I do to make the FS commands work within the .exe???