A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: tutorials

tutorials

we need some more ps tutorials, can anybody explain how to do that stretch thing that flashmx kid posted a while back, i can seem to stretch it right, anyways i would like to see some more, thanks...

Nyuk! Nyuk! Nyuk! Hey Moe... serpent star's Avatar
    I believe mxkid made a selection, copied the selction to it's own layer, and used edit>transform>scale to do the stretch.

You can also try to make a selection, and nudge by using the alt key and the arrow keys to control the direction of the nudge.

correct me if I'm wrong on that explaination of your tut Graham

yeah, i did all that, i followed it all the way to where you press ctrl+t (transform tool), but i dont know how to scale it, like he did really say stretch it this way or whatever, when i do scale it out, it just look like i scaled it a little, like i really dont get the 'stretch look' like he got....

you have to make a SINGLE PIXEL width selection. If you select a large part of the image, that part will evenly stretch, which is why you need only one pixel width - there's only one piece of information that can stretch then

just read the tute carefully.

Stuart

Go back to that thread, and look at my re-write of it. Its a bit easier, and gives better results.

ohhh, mxkid forgot to mention about the vertical tool there, he didnt specify, it all makes sence now, thanks for the enlightment guys...