A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: shag::hair

shag::hair

Does anybody have experience in rendering a .swf with shag::hair used? Does it make for crazy rendering times? Odd effects? Extremely large file sizes? Post your experiences here.....

Ryan D. Davies
    email :dougm0n3y@msn.com
    aim: dougmoney1616
    better to be quiet and be thought of as a fool, then to speak and remove all doubt.

does shag:hair even support plasma?

if so, I'm missing that statement from their site.

or, do you mean if you render via 3ds max using the Plasma Flash renderer?

If you mean the latter, then I've not seen good results... but I've had limited usage of shag:hair lately.
    Last edited by gerbick; 02-17-2003 at 06:45 PM.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

i mean use 3ds max with plasma renderer, i am looking for some ffx type effects....
    better to be quiet and be thought of as a fool, then to speak and remove all doubt.

if you were to change the hair to be more of a solid poly type, and instead of individual fibers, then yeah... I can see you doing a stylized anime style.

but be warned... I'm willing to bet that the render times would be astronomical!

I'm interested in seeing what you come up with.

render times are no prob, my clients business allows me use of their farm, usually a compiling farm, but i installed a mess of 3d renderers on them, so its pretty fast...could i do individually stranded hair though? not worried bout renders, but worried about file size as swf... also can you put textures into a 3ds max plasma render (rendered in 3ds max)?
    thanks man...

individial hairs? As long as (speaking theoretically actually) the hairs are not thinner than the outline, if you chose one.. yeah, why not? I've been playing with particles all day with no problems... so why not hair?

it would take some playing around to find the magic combination that would look good though.

hey gerb did you read my other questions about textures? can you use them if you dont use plasma the prog but use plasma the renderer for 3ds max, the only thing i know you cant use is nurbs.....

other questions?

I'll take a look...