A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Edges messed up with transparent gif

Edges messed up with transparent gif

question....
    I imported a gif that is transparent around the image and created a shadow effect under it, but the edges of the imported image arent clean. What can I do?

can u post a link to the offending image so we can see how it looks ?

bp

Try spliting it up and import as a png with multiple alpha layers, maybe there were multiple alpha layers that have been removed? If you mean that you can see a fuzzy border around it that seems like semi transparent this is usually the color hehind the gif, I think you could play with the import options perhaps take off smoothing or something, they might affect this problem, but it's happened on my stuff too!

RipX
    Last edited by RipX; 02-17-2003 at 11:59 AM.

Sure BP,

http://66.7.187.66/butterfly.gif

Take a look.

Hi one thing u can do in photoshop is to get the magic wand set it on a high tolerance of 35 - 45 this should get all the white pixels on the outside of the wings now cut (ctr + x) to get rid of them, now invert the selection and fill with a grey colour (mid grey similar to the drop shadow colour) then export and select the grey with the transparency selection tool, this will still have a faint grey edge to it, but that should blend with the drop shadow so it will look smooth

note u can add to what is transparent using the + transparency tool, so u can select more colours

and the higher the number on the magic wand the more it will cut into your image

hope this works for u

(also u will have to minus selection on the antenna, or they will disappear "lasso tool holding down the alt key" or u can draw them in again afterwards)