A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: HTML tags not working in Dynamic Text Fields using LoadVariables....grrrr

Ok, so I've heard that in Flash 4, getting a LoadVariablesNum to properly read HTML tags was a huge...well let's say limited at best. Am I the only one having the same problems with MX??? Please, someone tell me what I'm missing!

Dynamic Text Field, multiline, (selectable), (scrollable)Render Text as HTML, var=Text.

The LoadVariables works fine, but I SEE THE SILLY HTML TAGS along with the text. Flash is NOT reading them as tags.

I also tried to add "instName.html = true" before the LoadVariables....no dice.

The worst part is, that I've gotten this to work on other projects I've done...It seems to work when it wants to. (kinda like me)

HELF...I mean HELP

I think this might help. In your AS Dictionary look up textField.html and also textField.htmlText

Well I believe I tried that. The AS dictionary says it's a boolean argument, but does not specify "true" or "false" in it's usage... Also, I thought the "Render Text as HTML" button should do the same thing, no?

thanks

I'm having the EXACT same problem. It's really quite upsetting!
    Anyone find a fix for this?
    ~Dev