A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Saving SWF from projectors

Saving SWF from projectors

Hi all ,

I don't know if this is the right forum to post this , so sorry if i made a mistake

I'm creating a projector that will edit some movie clips in a special way and the output must be an swf . I have 2 problems to solve , the first one is that i'll get the swf files from a directory on my computer , the only way i can imagine to solve this is using FSCommand and a .bat file that will write a .txt file with the list of the dir specified and i'll use loadvars and process the .tct file and then use loadmovie to get the swfs , the second problem is my big problem , the end result of that projector is a .swf file , but I have no ideia how to exactly do that (i only program in actionscript and lingo). Can anyone help me in that question ?

Thank u all in advance

Hi,

I have done things like those you want for a web server rather than a standalone environment - have a look at this simple example http://wolfgang.rnsmail.de/saveclips/drag1.swf (just drag objects to the main area and mail it to yourself)

Musicman

interesting example , did you use php to do that or something ?
    sorry for the question i'm really lost on this.
    maybe i can use this to a projector with some adjustments.

Hi,

this was done with php, but most of the basic building blocks exist both as cgi and php codes

BTW: is there a specific reason why you make your movie a projector rather than a swf?

Musicman

Hi ,

After seeing your posts I really think that the better option is do it in swf and use PHP to save the final result , and probably to get the dirs from the HD also. I'm not an expert in PHP , but I have some friends that can do the PHPscripts for me for sure , I found in sourceforge some very good and interesting libs to help me with that .
    Thank u very , very much for helping me , I think that now i have a "way" to do what i want.

AdrianoCS