A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Oil Fire

Oil Fire

Did anyone notice how cnn broadcasted this story.

I turned on and there was a shot of the new york skyline with what appeared to be smoke pillaring from a building.

Talk about ir-responsible broadcasting.

what is actually happenening is this

it's all about perspective.

with intent.
    good work fella,
    but it won't help, they still believe everything given from above.

Just like the old BBC days 50 years ago.

Don't question Believe
    "There is nothing more difficult to plan, more doubtful of success, nor more dangerous to manage, than a creation of a new order of things." Niccolo Machiavelli, "Prince" (1513)

Re: Oil Fire

Originally posted by juxtaman
    Did anyone notice how cnn broadcasted this story.

I turned on and there was a shot of the new york skyline with what appeared to be smoke pillaring from a building.

Talk about ir-responsible broadcasting.

what is actually happenening is this

it's all about perspective.
    Scary stuff. 1st picture is much more menacing than the 2nd.

It all comes down to money. One man's loss is another man's gain.

In this case, CNN are deliberately exaggerating things and even showing some very deceptive images to gain more viewers and thus increase profits.

Happens everywhere

Originally posted by AN!MAL
    good work fella,
    but it won't help, they still believe everything given from above.

Just like the old BBC days 50 years ago.

Don't question Believe
    huh?

huh?
    It's another one of his anti-American sentiments.

with intent.
    Ok,
    A few years ago, all media was given from the top - about 5-6 men (yes men, women should not of gotten that resposabilty)

these men, decided what stories would hit the press/airwaves.

We had no remote control to change over, and making the Grand gesture of, phsically standing up, and retuning, (if another channel was possable) was nearly unheard of.
    Disagreing with ed sulleven (of what ever the fool was called) was very realy heard of.
    even there catch phrases showed this.

"thats the way it is folks" " I tell it how it is" show this.

Which american presedent got Polio? well he was never filmed of photograhed in his wheelchair. just sitting. Nobody knew. How did that make other polio sufferers feel, not even there leader giving in to the stigmata of the illness. remember a handful of people conrolled this.

Then came the tabloids - Which I now think isn't a bad thing.

British Royals have always had affairs, only after the tabloids came out did the truth start leaking. then we could make our minds up.

But it seems that CCN is becoming the "select few" again. One point of view. Its no wonder that the american are fully behind an Invasion of another land.

watch 30 min BBC - note the tone on Peace
    Watch 30 mins CCN - note the aggresion.

People you a free, and you don't have to watch the stuff that a Greedy white man is giving you.
    "There is nothing more difficult to plan, more doubtful of success, nor more dangerous to manage, than a creation of a new order of things." Niccolo Machiavelli, "Prince" (1513)

But it seems that CCN is becoming the "select few" again. One point of view. Its no wonder that the american are fully behind an Invasion of another land.

watch 30 min BBC - note the tone on Peace
    Watch 30 mins CCN - note the aggresion.

People you a free, and you don't have to watch the stuff that a Greedy white man is giving you.
    AN!MAL - Get your facts straight. In a poll of Americans, conducted by your beloved BBC, just 17 percent of Americans backed US military action in Iraq without UN backing. Americans are fully behind war? Hell no. A select few are.

with intent.
    Originally posted by DigitalOne
    It's another one of his anti-American sentiments.
    Yes at the moment, I am against the policey of the states.

They are invading another land, like the nazis did.

Once again to threat action is against international law - and the states are breaking this.

World Peace is of upmost importance in Europe. I am very very scared and angry of america at the moment.

they are like a violent, misguided teenager, that has a lot of growing up to do.

How can we bare to listen to the most violent country in the world.
    And nearly all of us here in Europe feel the same.

Sorry, due to EC policeys I not take my home county UK as part of Europe yet.

with intent.
    AN!MAL - Get your facts straight. In a poll of Americans, conducted by your beloved BBC, just 17 percent of Americans backed US military action in Iraq without UN backing. Americans are fully behind war? Hell no. A select few are.

No you need to do more than vote to be against the war, you gotta protest about it. No action is as good as being for war.
    US had a very bad turnout last saturday - in my eyes

An Inconvenient Serving Size hurricaneone's Avatar
    This is what I don't like

'Oil prices rose by almost a dollar per barrel on world markets after news of the blast'.

From the BBC.

So 100,000 barrels go up, less than a tiny, tiny drop in a huge ocean of oil, and this happens? Saddam's laughing it up right now. He may have no part in terrorism whatsoever (it ain;t been proven that he does), but he is the major benefactor of the West officially quaking in it's collective shoes.

Westerners are soft. Case closed.
    Stand by for emergency synapse rerouting

I'm biased since i disagree with the eternal culture of americans.

Their culture is bound by their border in that anything outisde that border should be just like americans.

But could you imagine the whole world being like america... what a shallow, hollow, empty, superficial and corney world fascinated with ctah phrases and evangelical slogans like "Evil Do-Ers"

You find in travelling around the world, all americans do the same thing where they find something new and say "We have that, but it's better in america"

I think george bush is the worst thing to happen to america in a long time. I watch that guy all the time and he's a pupet, comepletely void of any wit or natural intelligence.

I would love to see an interview of him.. and see if ha can simple words and grin his way through it.

*end rant*

I Mastered Dead Technology TallGuyLittleCar's Avatar
    juxta, have you met any americans? do you know any?
    ONLY RON PAUL AND ALUMINUM FOIL CAN SAVE YOU NOW!
    annoy your politician fairtax.org, a political forum

Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabris, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

Holy crap, the anti-American sentiments are strong with these ones.

Look, i'm not a person who sits here with this holier than thou attitude about non-Americans. But when people continuously question/counter my way of life, it aggravates me. People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

I'm in Toronto, so naturally i'm close enough to interact with them

I have some family in california.

But i travel, a lot. often out of north america and often see how americans interact out of their element.

I'm not getting inot one of those things were i make objective comments on black society and then have to list off how many black friends i know to justify my statements.

with intent.
    yes - otherwise my opnions would maybe be different,
    I have to sit here in Europe and listen to american colleuges go on about how they hate french and german. Two fine county that are trying to prevent a savage war and loss of lives.

Holy crap, the anti-American sentiments are strong with these ones.

Look, i'm not a person who sits here with this holier than thou attitude about non-Americans. But when people continuously question/counter my way of life, it aggravates me. People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.
    Your way of life, or the american way of life.

What's the difference?

Your way of life, or the american way of life.

What's the difference?
    None. And I don't see anything wrong with the American way of life. I could go on and on about Canadians, but I won't. Because they choose to live their lifes their way, and so do I.

Developer
    The Bluegrass State Will Flash For Food ™
    I have to sit here in Europe and listen to american colleuges go on about how they hate french and german.
    well, your colleuges have some issues... I can bet that most of us don't feel that way.

yes - otherwise my opnions would maybe be different,
    I have to sit here in Europe and listen to american colleuges go on about how they hate french and german. Two fine county that are trying to prevent a savage war and loss of lives.
    Hehehehe, i know what you mean. Bush has already pushed the red button, it's just that sensible countries cut the cord.

The interesting thing is this. they had TOPS 20,000 total troops in afganistan lookfing for bin laden, and now they have over 100,000 troops in the middle east.

When did american forget about it's focus on afganistan and al queeda and shift focus to a "potential" threat not a clear and present one as bin laden.

Either way, the russians had almost 1 million people in afganistan and that did nothing.