A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Finalizing my card...

Nyuk! Nyuk! Nyuk! Hey Moe... serpent star's Avatar

Finalizing my card...

http://www.matbastian.com

really need to get this finalized pretty soon here and I keep waffling on design.

With that said, here is the latest incarnation. The edges are gonna be a bit tighter as the card is fleshed out for 1/4" bleed, but this is the idea.

Thinking strongly about leaving the contact info off with the exception of the url and maybe a phone number as a way of routing prospectives through the website. Is that really as bad of an idea as I'm now starting to worry it is?

How is the design and how is the consistency with the site?

What are your thoughts on the big Asterix in the middle. I'm worried that it isn't nearly as cool as I think it is.

just let me know anything that pops into your head about the card.

Thanks,
    mat

mullet king

^ reminds me of that

I think it looks ok.. I'm sorry but I have to say it doesn't look professional though.. but it looks different from everyone else's so thats good. It does match your site, and I do like the style... just not for a biz card

This is only my personal opinion though

I like the impact of the symbol in the middle - that works well for me - but I think the font and alignment of the text in the black edges could use some work.

Final

Remember that this is with the bleed.

just thought you might like to see the completed version, going to print tommorrow.

Hopefully it opens the door to a new client or two.

Hi, why have u rotated the star ?

i liked the "star" as it was, really strong image, i do like the rest more (address etc)

mb its just me

its certainly v punchy..

mb just get a small run done eg 200 then u can change it if the phone or the design changes, depends on what u are aiming at, also get the printer to keep the plate (say u will be getting some more done etc)

its always hard to design your own stuff (mind racing..etc)

mb i should nt type this but i see it landscape * and below the URL and contact no in black strip

also look at digital print (full colour) u can get small runs done at a v v good price (no plates) as with litho

hope the new business goes well

bp

Thanks BP... I thought the slight rotation gave it a bit of motion and as a person who offered an opinion at another site mentioned, "(It's) amazing how different things play on the mind. The offset asterisk looks to me like you're a bloke on the move as opposed to the first one that says look everybody I'm here (so what)".

I guess that comment just sort of resonated with me, although I agree, the motion does seem to remove some of the strength / POW!!! it had, I thought it was for the better but I am a perpetual second guesser, my mind changes about every thirty seconds. That's why at some point I just throw my hands up and say, "I think it's pretty good, send it off quick."

I was gonna do a 500 card digital run and flat ink so being black and white it's gonna be cheap. Maybe I should just do a 200 run of them or so. Not a bad idea.

not sure I understand what exactly your saying about doing it landscape, I mean, I know what landscape is, but I'm having a hard time seeing it. Probably cause I've been looking at it portrait all day.

Anyway... Thanks alot for the comments,

Mat

Hi landscape is just having the card on it side

_____ = landscape

|
    |
    | portrait

i have a personal URL rule (printing) eg if the URL is slightly long, do it as big as.. when printing it so ppl can see it and get to your site, if its on its side it can be bigger

also if the printer is digital u can use 4 colours for the same price as 1 colour (no plates needed)

this is a rough of how i see it