A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Creating a drawing effect?

Creating a drawing effect?

Hey all

I have seen some of these sites where they do the artwork as line art but it looks like the art/figure is being drawn right before your eyes. Outlines of body is drawn and then you see the other lines finish themselves off. Looks exactly like someone is drawing it on screen. Anyone know how to do this? Any tutorials out there for this? Someone said it was all just really advanced masking but they werent sure.

Thanks
    Charles

I think whoever suggested advanced masking is right. I imagine it will be a mix of masking and tweened animation depending on the shape/objects being drawn. Perhaps there is some actionscript somewhere that can simulate this? I'm not sure - there's a good example of it on the Air website - at the beginning - It seems like a good way to hide your preloading too! http://www.10000hzlegend.com/

Hey James, site didnt come up

Hey there

Thanks for the tip. Was that the right link you had? I clicked it and it didnt come up

Thanks again
    charles

yeah thats definitely the right address - I just googled it to check. It may just be down temporarily I suppose - it is a couple of years old now though so it could easily be gone forever! Shame.