A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: "Parameter is not correct" Error help

"Parameter is not correct" Error help

Not quite sure if this is just a mac problem, but I've only experienced it when testing on a mac.

Anyway, I've created a web page with a flash navbar in the top frame controlling the content in the lower frame. The lower frame loads another frameset. The left frame has a flash sub nav bar, and the right holds the main content in html. I hope that's not confusing.

The problem is when I test it on a mac IE, it sometimes works just fine, but most of the time the flash sub nav bar will say "The parameter is incorrect." when try to load a new page from the top flash nav bar in the top frame.

Anyone have any ideas or fixes? Thanks in advance.

How are you targeting the frames?
    Post the code you've used which you think is causing the problem.
    Sam

To be honest, I'm not sure where the problem is, mostly because about 50% of the time the pages work the way I want them to. But here's the code for launching the frame.

To launch the about us page from the Flash top nav frame:
    on (release) {
    getURL("../aboutus/index.asp", "contentFrame", "POST");
    }

The index.asp of About Us frameset loaded into "contentFrame":
    <frameset cols="150,*" frameborder="NO" border="0" framespacing="0">
    <frame src="leftAboutUsNav.asp" name="mainLeftFrame" scrolling="NO" noresize>
    <frame src="aboutus.asp" name="mainContentFrame">
    </frameset>

The aboutus.asp seems to load fine. But the problem sometimes occurs when the page tries to load "leftAboutUsNav.asp", which has the flash movie. Instead of displaying the flash movie, the page will say "The parameter is incorrect." That page code says:
    <html>
    <head><title>Error</title></head>
    <body>The parameter is incorrect. </body>
    </html>

Here's a temporary link of the site:
    http://www.sergesconsulting.com/yorkweb

Any ideas?

Sounds more like it's an error with the asp and IE than flash; especially as you're using POST.
    I'm pretty sure there's a bug in IE that clips POST and so messes up what ever's waiting for the variables.
    There was also a bug that did the same sort of thing in the Flash player with POST; check you've got the most recent release as this has it fixed.
    You can use the Flash Deployment Kit to check for subversions as well as major versions for visitors to the site to make sure they have the working player version.

Other than that...try using GET if the header is long enough to hold all you vars.
    Sam