A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: (Urgent!) Need input to solve collaboration issues...

(Urgent!) Need input to solve collaboration issues...

QUESTION: What is the best way for multiple designers/developers to work together on a Flash project at the SAME TIME? Specifically a project that needs to share a common library files that are reused a lot?

I’m creating an interactive training demo for a business application. I’m recreating the interface and functionality of some of the key components (buttons, dropdown menus, etc.). Up till now, I’ve been the sole designer/developer on the project. Because I’m reusing so many of my library items (buttons, menus, background images, etc.) I decided to use a single library, and to have it all placed in a single *.swf file. MY movie has 13 main sections, each representing a part of the business application I’m mimicking - each of these 13 sections is represented in my movie as a Scene.

Like I said before, I’ve been the sole developer. This hasn’t been a problem… till now! Because of time constraints some additional help has been brought on board to work on this project with me. How can I have 2-3 of us working on this project at the same time? It’s only one file! We'll all be working with/updating our common library. Can I make my Library seperate from my main movie? Do I need to break up my 13 scene *.swf into 13 individual *.swf’s? Can I import my library items, and if so... from where?

I’m really stuck here and time is short HELP!!!
    Banning

"His name is Robert Paulsen. "

Done some more searching and found this...

Using shared libraries
    http://www.macromedia.com/support/fl..._libraries.htm

I tried a quick example using some of my files, and it looks like it works.
    Last edited by J_Banning; 02-27-2003 at 04:47 PM.
    Banning

"His name is Robert Paulsen. "