A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Pleeze Help : Hey I see a trend and I'm offering a reward as well !

Pleeze Help : Hey I see a trend and I'm offering a reward as well !

Hello,

I have a huge problem (huge for me). My can't contact my Flash developer on this problem and I ain't a Flash person.

I have attached a test dummy working file and hope you can help me out here. I would need help for the following:
    1) Need to have Flash window launched (and not browser) when user clicks on link.
    2) As there is a preloader, I'll need the preloader to play first and then once the movie has completely dowloaded, the movie will then play. Currently it plays and loads...plays and loads.
    3) I would like to set the size to 500 by 300.
    4) It should also open in the MIDDLE of the screen.
    5) Like to DISABLE the resize mode.

I am offering a rewards as I can't really go into the working files and change it myself. I'll need someone to actually do it for me and show me how so I can copy what you've done and change the rest of my files to follow yours.

PLEEZE HELP!

As for the reward, I will be offering my site's Free Silver subscription which is valid for 1 month. It gives you 3 high-quality music tracks to download and a 10% discount on any purchase on my site. I will throw in another 2 month of validity, giving you 3 months (and 9 free tracks). A one month subscription is worth $4.99 and the tracks are actually worth approximately $50 for 3 tracks. So times that by 3 months (9 tracks worth about $150 and $15). Well, this is actually great if you use music for your Flash production or any production! You can't access my site yet as the server is down for maintainence.

Else, Please just help a Helpless Flash Illiterate like me!
    Oh, I need it fast! Thanks.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I haven't looked at your file but I can tell you this:
    1. you cannot launch a flash window that isn't a browser... Flash runs IN the browser. You can only view a Flash movie outside a browser if you have Flash SOFTWARE (not plug in) installed on your computer. The closest you can get to avoid seeing a browser is launching a browser window using the framless window (that way you won't see a new browser window pop up! You can see an example at my site www.featherfactory.org or just look on the internet for "frameless pop-up windows javascript"
    2. there are TONS of preloaders in the MOVIES section of this website, just grab one and simply copy and paste it into your movie, that is I would do if I wanted your reward.
    3. You can set the size of the new window with the script I suggested above, if you don't wanna use that script you can use another script (that will show at least the browser's title bar and borders, even if you get rid of the status bar, toolbar, url bar etc) - either way you can set the size to whatever you want (of course it is best if your flash movie is set to the same size as well).
    4. You can do that with a number of scripts out there. Look at javascript.com or at moock.org
    5. not sure about that, never did it myself, but I am sure you can find that among the javascripts too...

Sorry, I don't have time to get directly involved but this should give you enough to work with

style before substance
    You say that you are offering a Free Silver subscription to your site, but you don't tell us what your site is! How do we know if we want a subscription to it? And the free songs? Maybe if people could have a look at your site and see what you're offering they might be interested, but I can download 3 free songs from just about anywhere on the internet... Maybe if we knew what the songs where...

Sorry bout that! It's www.opuzz.com.

Check it out, it's www.opuzz.com
    You'll get great production music that at really unbelievable prices.

The loop (for Flash) are a little different as they are not just the normal electronic stuff you'll usually get.

There are even Jazz loops and Classical loop.

Best part is that every piece of music has up to 12 versions for you to select from depending on the duration and version you like!

Well enough advertising from my side. Anyone willing to help me?

Thank MARCNYC. However like mentioned, I know almost nothing about Flash

Thanks Marcnyc. However I know almost nuts about Flash and my developer can't be contacted at the moment. Need some help here. Thanks again.

It's www.opuzz.com