Originally posted by quazi
I work with Warder Brothers Productions, a video and music production company.

We recently published a flash website with some video clips of our work available to view. We used QuickTime on an HTML page for this purpose.

The site is located at:

http://warderbros.com

Now we feel like incorparating the video in a .swf file for better compatibility.

Are there any disadvantages to going with flash? I read somewhere about not going over 320x240.

I use cleaner xl for compression.

What do you think about the best delivery in our case? Should I make Windoze Media available as well?

Any feedback is greatly appreciated!
According to an article I just read from streaming media magazine, the video player with most penetration was not one of the big 3 QT WM or Real ...or Flash Player but a corporate viewer (can't remember name). In fact the flash player did not even rate second. I would offer WM and QT if you can and I doubt you will have problems with Flash video over 320 240 if its been encoded correctly.

You can also offer swf video that is viewable with pre 6 player such as that encoded with flix or simulated video SV wich is nothing more than sequences of images on a timeline viewable with flash 4 forward.