A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: simple but please help

simple but please help

I have a movie with several scenes. I have a button at the end of scene one that when clicked plays the next scene called intro:

on (release) {
    gotoAndPlay("intro", 1);
    }

But when I export the movie and click the button it jumps to intro and just stops at frame 1 of intro unless i click play in the flashplayer menu!

this is real simple stuff so why is it doing this???

please help

make sure you don't have a "stop();" somewhere in the first frame of "intro"...?
    You might also want to try "gotoAndPlay("intro", 2);"... if it works, there's definitely a stop(); or some malfunctioning script, that makes the movie stop on frame 1. if it doesn't... hmmm... dunno...
    Last edited by noxsilicon; 03-05-2003 at 05:27 PM.

I have had alot of problems with using gotoAndPlay("sceneName", 1); And I finnaly found a way around using that, it might help you with your movie. The way flash sees the frames in sperate scenes is like lets say youre scene 1 has 20 frames, scene 2 has 20 frames, and scene 3 has 20. The first frame in scene 2 is considered frame 21 and the first frame in scene 3 would be considered frame 31 and so forth. So whenever I want to go to a frame in another scene, I just add up all the frames before the frame I'm trying to go to and then just use like _root.gotoAndPlay(31); to go to the first frame in my third scene. Does this make sense to anyone else besides me? I hope so, cause its worked great ever since I've used it.
    [swf width="300" height="40"
    background="#FFFFFF"]http://emanuel_isaia.tripod.com/FlashFooter.swf[/swf]