A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: End user clients:) Good laugh.

End user clients:) Good laugh.

We had a client approach us about creating a flash billiard/pool game. We gave a very good price in my opinion: $3,000 / R25,000. He then turned around and said it's way to much and that he'll get flash and learn how to do it himself

Just thought you'd enjoy this

hahaha!!! maybe he'll contact you again in one or two months!

That's what I figure but we are starting to write a few different types of games over time and rather sell licences.

Hmm, I'd say that's pretty high priced too... I suppose american companies are willing to pay that kind of money, but I'd be very happy to get 1000$ for a game like that here in the Netherlands...

Olorin

Well he would only be willing to pay about: $480 Which is not worth it at all. We make that money in 3 days. Why spend a month on that kinda profit?

wow 500 bucks in just 3 days? do you fellas have a big team?

haha
    well i would be happy to get any money at all for a game, especially $3k, not saying thats high priced but thats good profit!. of course i just program games for fun since i dont really need any money to pay taxes or something, since im 14!

I would have to agree 3k is a bit high for a pool game.

The price is fine.

What I'm waiting for is the guy to come here and start asking stupid questions..

"How to I make a ball move"

Yeah, Ive been getting 1,500 - 2,000 / website. 3,000 isnt bad for a nice flash billards game.

Lol, Um... Im new and Ive got one post... how do you make a pool game in flash?

-Tyler

Netherlands huh?

Humm.. I don't know much about pricing, for I have not had the experience. I suppose I would be extremely happy if I could even License my game! lol. I suppose that age does have its downfalls in there own ways.

So, I cannot say anything about the price, yet I do know that billards is not the easiest thing to do in Flash, and takes alot of work to make it good... So, I do believe we will see post like "hi, what is flash, and how do I make a billards game".

how do you guys go about licening your games? how do you get clients to come to you, and how old do you have to be to sell the game?

fospher.com

I work for a web hosting/design/development/dialup company so that's how we make that profit in that time.

----
    We create e-commerce sites and DB driven flash sites. So for a client to come to us and focus on a project like a billiards game we can't lose that kinda profit. Price might be high or not but we are quoting on an average hourly rate.

Man didn't expect a response like this

Hmmm, if you work on it for 8 hours a day, a billiards game could easily be done in 3 days... I'd be happy to do it for 480$

Olorin

Flash Developer on a break
    Originally posted by Olorin
    Hmm, I'd say that's pretty high priced too... I suppose american companies are willing to pay that kind of money, but I'd be very happy to get 1000$ for a game like that here in the Netherlands...

Olorin
    *sigh* Tell me about it...

If I'm lucky I get $1000 for a full website.. And I don't get much flash job offers. Olorin- How do you get flash job offers here in the Netherlands?

| "Keep Flashing!"-Jeroen
    PHP multiplayer? Check this thread: PHPgateway

custom games are not cheap

you can sell him the game for 440 bucks for the lisence. then its no custom game though. but i usually take 60 EUR / h -> One day of work ist too less for programming, optimising, highscore, uploading and changes of the customer.

my opinion
    TB

Originally posted by jeroen84
    Olorin- How do you get flash job offers here in the Netherlands?
    Make a website for your own company, and get some of your games on sites that get a lot of visitors. And if you're lucky, some of those visitors are potential clients...

Olorin

what if there is dispute about how many hours it took?

Flash Developer on a break
    Hmm.. that would work.

mbenney- You should be the experienced guy between you and your client. Meaning that if they ask how many hours it would take to make it, they should have to accept it.

However, try to stay reasonable.

| "Keep Flashing!"-Jeroen
    PHP multiplayer? Check this thread: PHPgateway

flash mangler drunkenmaster2000's Avatar
    I don't think I'd have the balls (no pun intended) to ask £3,000 for a flash game. Although I'm known to undercharge (maybe that's why people keep coming back)

But, saying that, I am currently writing a game, that I humbly expect to be the best flash game ever (since RC Hacky, anyway). I was just wondering, other than putting it up on my webspace, would there be people willing to buy it from me? Would be nice if there was, cos I'm doing this for self-entertainment. But after spending some time playing with it, I think it will be well liked by most folks.

I can only hope, I suppose. But if anyone knows of places that buy quality games, give me a shout