A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: End user clients:) Good laugh.

MOD wannabe
    Originally posted by drunkenmaster2000
    I don't think I'd have the balls (no pun intended) to ask £3,000 for a flash game. Although I'm known to undercharge (maybe that's why people keep coming back)

But, saying that, I am currently writing a game, that I humbly expect to be the best flash game ever (since RC Hacky, anyway). I was just wondering, other than putting it up on my webspace, would there be people willing to buy it from me? Would be nice if there was, cos I'm doing this for self-entertainment. But after spending some time playing with it, I think it will be well liked by most folks.

I can only hope, I suppose. But if anyone knows of places that buy quality games, give me a shout
    www.miniclip.com

Originally posted by ClydeTheGlyde
    $3000 for a pool game ( or any good game ) is very reasonable, a little on the cheap side.

Throw hourly rates out the window, they are meaningless. The only thing that matters is the quality of the final product.
    Finally! Someone who knows something!

Anyone who comes here and says they will do a pool game for $1000 or less is one of two things,

1) inexperienced and unqualified (and ultimately unsuccessful)

or

2) an undiscovered rising star

In my experience there are lots of the former and very few of the latter!

IMHO... Discussing how much "a pool game" would cost, is a bit silly. I mean, it's like discussing how much "a car" costs. I guess a pool game could cost anything from $1000 to $10000. It's all about how complex it's suppose to be, the graphics, and who made it. Let's face it, noone pays a teenager, working out of his moms basement, with no portfolio to show off, thousands of dollars...

But while we're a the subject... It would be interesting to know what the most you have charged a client for a game is... Like.. What's the hi-score?!

--
    @ndre

i agree with Elvan,you can´t state the absolute price for a game type,it depends on the games features,development time,company who does it and company for which its done.

the company i work for sold a game to siemens for 12000 euros,that was a multiplayer game which has been developed in 3 months by five persons.
    before my current job i worked for a company which did nothing else than game creation,they sold games for an average price of about 4000 euros.

5 ppl in three months, and you got 12000 euro?? I'd say that's waaay underpaid! That's like 800 euros pr person pr month! You can't survive on that! At least not here in Norway...

--
    @ndre

Elvan,that´s right,if we just did that during the three months,we couldn´t live from it,we always have several projects going on at once,i didn´t mean we did nothing else than that game during three months.

:)

Originally posted by Olorin
    Hmm, I'd say that's pretty high priced too... I suppose american companies are willing to pay that kind of money, but I'd be very happy to get 1000$ for a game like that here in the Netherlands...

Olorin
    I feel ya

Niet dat ik geld verdien met flash of zo.. maar dat komt nog