A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Ack! A Job Interview!

Shameless Newstoday Plug

Ack! A Job Interview!

Ahh!

I have a design interview this Monday.

I've actually only ever had one interview in regards to design, and that was for my design programme.

Does anyone have any tips? Oh man, it's only Friday, and I'm already panicing!

<<< Hopefully less of an a**.

the shoeless designer Barefoot Kid's Avatar
    yeah....dont be late

good luck man...
    Last edited by Barefoot Kid; 03-07-2003 at 02:15 PM.

An Inconvenient Serving Size hurricaneone's Avatar
    Try this thread too.

click here

Stand by for emergency synapse rerouting

Shameless Newstoday Plug
    Thanks for the links guys.

I'll post an update Monday afternoon.

Shameless Newstoday Plug
    Well it started off pretty scary.

I went to the address on their website, and the area was empty. I was like "what is going on..." I looked around, and couldn't find the number. Eventually, I found complex, but realized it was an apartment! Dumbfounded, I asked one of the residents if any businesses were located in the building.

The woman just looked at me, and said no there is not. It's just residents.

So I wanted to call the company, but I realized my cell phone was disconnect. I had to ask a British foreigner if I could borrow his phone. He cheerfully gave it to me, and I called the company, asking if they could meet me. The guy said "Yeah, sure, just wait there." I was about to give the British man some money for his cell phone, when he walked off and said "Don't worry about it. You obviously need the money. Good luck on the interview!"

Anyway, I waited at the lobby, and no one showed up. So I went to the suite number that I got off their website and knocked on the door, only to find a white family gathered around a television. I simply said, "whoops... wrong room!" The lady responded, "Guess so."

Frustrated, I walked around the streets looking for a payphone. I was like "This is Downtown Toronto, isn't there a bloody payphone anywhere?" I had to go to a butchers shoppe to ask a butcher where the nearest phone was. He pointed one out, and I frantically called the people at the office. They said "We changed offices...didn't we tell you that on the phone?"

In fact they did, I just didn't write it down because I thought their website was had the same info. Anyway, I ran in the cold with my business suit and formal shoes for a short jog, eventually finding the office. I called the interviewer, and she told me she'd get me. Meanwhile, I had to wait four minutes for her to come down while an annoying buzz from a nearby alarm station was constantly ringing.

Anyway, the interview went really swell! She thought my design needed more experience, but she absolutely loved my product photography. And there was no frozen wall between us, as we seemed to get along quite well.

Thank the Lord for that opportunity!

And thanks to my fellow FKers for their kind words.

An Inconvenient Serving Size hurricaneone's Avatar
    Way to hang in there, teow

I hope your perseverence gets some results for ya!

(re: the company address - don't trust everything you read on the web)
    Stand by for emergency synapse rerouting

Shameless Newstoday Plug
    Many thanks Hurricane.