A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: .SWF file as a "frameset" of other .SWF files

Lightbulb

Hello everyone,

I am just a user, i mostly try new things around but still i have to make it happen myself, what i mean is that i am not a pro. So here is the deal. We have a file START.SWF which has as content two other .SWF files, eg. LEFT.SWF and RIGHT.SWF. When we open the START.SWF we want it to show in the potition we have already given the two other .SWF files which of course are in the same directory as the START.swf file. Just like a frameset which opens different html files in each frame. So in the left (LEFT.SWF) we simply have a menu and as we choose sections from the menu, the contents of it opens in the right place instead of RIGHT.SWF. eg. we hit cinema button from the MENU.SWF and opens CINEMA.SWF in the potition of RIGHT.SWF etc. JUST LIKE A FRAMESET!
    I know for sure it is possible to happen. I 've seen it. But i don't know how to do it. If anybody can help please do so.

Thanks in advance.

caithness massiv
    -- put the navigation into your main movie (start.swf)
    -- then make a movie clip with a blank "stop" keyframe in it
    -- place the movie clip in as many places as you want on your main timeline (which also has a stop action in it)

(remember, wherever you place the mcs is where the top left-hand corner of the seperate swf files will be)

-- name the instances of your different mcs something like loader1, loader2

then you can have your main navigation scheme (which is, again, in your main movie...start.swf) load other swfs with simiple scripting like this in the buttons:

On (Release)
    Load Movie ("right.swf", "/loader1")
    End On

that should help

Cool THANX!

Thanx very very much chief! I did it finally, i did the same mistake all the time... did not use the name of instance but the name of the symbol. Thanx again for your help.

caithness massiv
    no problem keep on flashin