A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: $500 to the person who solves this! NO JK

Just a note from other side:
    I believe that it's possible to use batch file with MX, but I doubt that it's possible to CREATE batch file with MX

OK... now what...

ive got a copy of flash 5 as well. all i need to know is how to make batch files... exactly... not some brief description because im a newbie..

so what do you type in to play the .avi in the default program for .avi files?

Banned
    Even if you use Flash 5, you're up against the Flash player 6 to play it, and would still have to use the "fscommand" subfolder.

A batch file is simply a text file (use Notepad) saved with a .bat extension. If you can't save as a .bat file, just save it as a .txt file and then change the extension to .bat.

The my_avi.bat should hold this:

@ echo off
    start your.avi
    exit

This file, along with "your.avi", should be in the "fscommand" folder, a subfolder in the same folder as your projector (.exe) file.

The actionscript in your movie would be:

on(release){
    fscommand("exec", "my_avi.bat");
    }

Even if you use Flash 5, you're up against the Flash player 6 to play it, and would still have to use the "fscommand" subfolder.
    Wow! What do I see? Oldnewbie is wrong!!! I see it for the first time!
    If you create projector (.exe file) with Flash5 then you will play it in the FLASH5(!) standalone player. Otherwise what we create the projectors for?
    all i need to know is how to make batch files... exactly... not some brief description because im a newbie..
    I'am sending to you my old fla, with which I made some batch files for the games and launched them. Take a look. But I should repeat: this idea is not good idea.

To play avi files in the default program it is enough to write:
    on(release){
    getURL("your.avi")
    }

This is my fla
    Attached Files Attached Files

Banned
    I'm not wrong! It depends through which standalone player you will play it. Assuming you have by now the Flash standalone player 6 installed on your system.

It does not matter which flash player is installed on the system, even one has no flash player on his system, he will be able to play projector (.exe) just because the player is build-in in this projector. And what player is build-in? Yes, exactly the very that we used to create this projector.

Banned
    Ok! I'm wrong!

He should use...

on(release){
    getURL("your.avi")
    }

And you should go to "GO!" & collect $500.00 Autralian dollars.

See if I care!

Jordan Berry
    That was really stupid..

Okay everyone now ill gave u all $100000.00 and a bag of Goldfish if can answer this what is the current population of Togo, Africa.
    I'm back.

Banned
    Not worst than living in a cardboard box! Is that why you're asking about Togo's population?

http://www.fao.org/WAICENT/faoinfo/e...g/togpop1f.stm

http://www.nationbynation.com/Togo/I...or-Basic-23240

http://www.yahooligans.com/reference...to/popula.html

http://education.yahoo.com/reference...to/popula.html

http://www.library.uu.nl/wesp/populs...rica/togoc.htm

http://populations.com/country.asp?ID=168

http://www.worldrover.com/vital/togo.html

And another few hundred links...

Couldn't find an .avi on the subject though! It must be caught up in Sergwiz's Flash 5 standalone player, called by a getURL("togo.avi")!

Dear Oldnewbie, do not take offence, please. You know, that I respect you very much. And I argue not because of dollars, but only because you are mistaken slightly. But everybody has the right to be wrong sometimes. That's all. And I do not care of these f***** dollars. Everybody understands that nobody will get these bucks.
    Please, excuse me if it seemed that that I was impolite, it's just because of lack of my English.

Jordan Berry
    Lol i was joking.. And i wasnt saying ur guys/gals answers where stupid.. Im saying that putting a price like that for help is stupid. Expecailly when ur not going to pay up.
    I'm back.

Banned
    If you didn't realize it, I was also! C'mon!

Jordan Berry
    lol, srry most people dont spend that much time to make a joke. Im impressed..

But it does kinda get to me that this guys saying hes going to gave $500.00 NO JK! and hes not going to gave jack, or gave back to the community..
    I'm back.

better a lie which draws a smile, than a truth that brings a tear.

better a lie which draws a smile, than a truth that brings a tear.

yes, im SURE you wouldve realised that i cant afford to pay $500 for some help in flash. But i give you my GREATEST gratitude for helping a 16 year old boy, with a passion for programming which has just begun using flash. the people in this forum are different to other forums. You all seem as thought you are my mates. And you helped me as though i was your mate. i thank you for this!!!...

i probably sound like some really emotional woman whos having a mid-life crisis, but i just wanna say thanx... EVEN if you thought i WAS going to pay!!!!

as for the small lie/truth quote... i little lie ($500 to the person that solves this) ended up giving me a smile, and one to other people who have solved their problem by reading this post. And if i said the truth, i probably would've ended up like those other people in forums who never get their question answered and could even bring them a tear!

talk again soon, MY FRIENDS!!!

Aleks... rofl!

oh no....

problem... using the get url command, the .avi opens in the IE6 version of WMP... and plays in the bottom left corner. (is it because i have xp?)

NOT GOOD..
    it has to at least play in the actual WMP or in DivX 5 Pro - my ambition from the beginning.

I whipped up a sort of mock up autorun which i want to perform the task im trying to achieve so i can continue my project. Take a look at the code of the buttons...

the projector has a subfolder (fscommand) in which setup.exe is located (divx 5 pro) and film.avi is in the same directory as the projector.

i think im goin to have to resort to .bat and flash 5!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Developer
    The Bluegrass State Will Flash For Food ™
    batch files are the answer...

Why not run everything from the CD. Don't make them install divx, have it installed on the CD.

I'm looking into how to find where they have installed the divx player...

Developer
    Does Divx create an installed path in the registry (I don't have it installed so I can't check)

Something like this:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Divx\5.0

Developer
    Okay, I've managed to get this much into a text file:
    Code:
    "applicationdir"="P:\\DivX\\DivX Player 2.0 Alpha"
    basically thats just the install path (on my computer of course). Once I'm able to filter out the double slashes and quotes there shouldn't be a problem calling the divix player to play your file.
    Last edited by gSOLO_01; 03-20-2003 at 12:17 PM.

Jordan Berry
    u would of got answers.. thier are very few questions that dont.. and im i suppost to feel bad couse ur 16.. im 14 hehe

w/e its cool.. i guess u got ur answer, but nxt dont put a price unless ur going to pay...
    I'm back.