A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: no backup, CRASH!

no backup, CRASH!

I run a macintosh and recently due to a mistake I made, mysystem locked up and I lost everything. nearly 3 months worth of work.

What I need is an individual with a flash movie decompiler to recover my fla, images and sounds from my existing flash movie, currently online.

I wouild like to deal with just one person, and I will provide the password to
    unlock the swf file.

my email is pgrillone@mac.com

thanx in advance
    DOUBLE BACON BURGER DOG

you might want to check out http://www.livetronix.com/

FK Slacker
    I'd like to suggest you check out Virtual Lab.
    http://download.com.com/3120-20-0.ht...lab&tg=dl-2003

I'm on a Mac also, and recently had a major crash that took out two separate partitions, fragged everything on them, but this did an excellent job of recovering everything...

K.

deadbeat, you are my hero!
    I recovered fla files from way back, thankyou. so much
    thankyou again

Pete
    DOUBLE BACON BURGER DOG

Glad to hear everything worked out. On a slightly urelated subject, though, how can you do legitimate business selling reverse-engineering products? ... very curious...

Mikhail

Im not sure what you meant about selling reversed engineering products, I did like the virtual lab, because it recovered nearly 3 gigs of files, I lost during the crash, so I never had to rebuild my fla files. it also cost me about 150.00 dollars to do so.

This is the first time, Ive ever really needed this kind of program, and now with this experience, it is the last time.
    DOUBLE BACON BURGER DOG

An Inconvenient Serving Size hurricaneone's Avatar
    Originally posted by mmarkin
    On a slightly urelated subject, though, how can you do legitimate business selling reverse-engineering products? ... very curious...

Mikhail
    Although I don't like the idea of swfs being crackable, these warez do seem to have their uses, this thread being a case in point.

Where you have a legitimate need to open your swfs to recover what has been lost, these products obviously offer a great service. For kiddies looking to crack files because they want to rip a neat photo, well, you probably know where I'm going with that.
    Stand by for emergency synapse rerouting

Originally posted by hurricaneone
    Although I don't like the idea of swfs being crackable, these warez do seem to have their uses, this thread being a case in point.

Where you have a legitimate need to open your swfs to recover what has been lost, these products obviously offer a great service. For kiddies looking to crack files because they want to rip a neat photo, well, you probably know where I'm going with that.
    Precisely my point...

FK Slacker
    I think you guys may have missed the point here. Maye you should take a closer look at the link I included above..VirtualLab isn't a warez product used for cracking swfs - it's a volume diagnostic & recovery app along the same lines as Norton Utilities. It doesn't reverse-engineer anything, but it does do a great job of scanning a nuked hard drive and recovering existing files from drives that are otherwise unusable...

BTW, I have no association with VL, I just found myself in a similar situation a while back when one of my drives got fragged after a crash, and found it to do an excellent job of recovering these files...

K.

Sorry, theres been some misunderstanding here. I was talking about the products of http://www.livetronix.com/ and other similar products.

FK Slacker
    Ah, I see..my mistake...

Cheers,

K.

Developer
    The Bluegrass State Will Flash For Food ™
    <off topic>

Warez???

SWF's are open source / client side. Unless you're using a server side technology it's the same as sticking your html file out there, only the swf's harder to crack.

</off topic>

Originally posted by gSOLO_01
    <off topic>

Warez???

SWF's are open source / client side. Unless you're using a server side technology it's the same as sticking your html file out there, only the swf's harder to crack.

</off topic>
    kinda sounds like someone is trying to play devil's advocate
    you know that statement would get you hung, at a designers convention.
    DOUBLE BACON BURGER DOG

Well not really; It's still impossible to get a full fla file from a swf.