A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Duplicate movie at specific times?

resolved

hi everyone,
    I have a movie clip that i want duplicated 4 times each time i want it rotated 30 degrees. I used a four loop with a duplicate movie and a set property inside. However, is it at all possible, to get the movie clips to play shortly one of after the other. As it stands they all play the same time. Im very new at this so any help would be incredibly appreciated. Thanks for reading this
    Don

hey thats easy if you know a bit of action scripting ....

Look what you can doo is make an empty movie clip which does nothing else but duplicates your clip ok ...

now in the first keyframe of the movie clip put the code to duplicateClip but only once !!!!

Then make 100 empty frames in this same MC and in the Last frame (100th) script "gotoAndPlay(1)" .
    this way there will be a gap of 4seconds (taking 20 frames/second as the speed of you movie. 100/20) ..

If you want more time interval use more frames than 100 ..

Also in the first frame check if the MC has been duplicated 4 times , if yes then ask the mc to Stop() ;

got it !!

Libran

Thanks

hi,
    thanks for the response. however, what is the command to check to see if a movie has played 4 times. Also, what if i want to do it so that one movie plays shortly after the start of another movie and not directly after
    Thanks
    Don
    Originally posted by libran
    hey thats easy if you know a bit of action scripting ....

Look what you can doo is make an empty movie clip which does nothing else but duplicates your clip ok ...

now in the first keyframe of the movie clip put the code to duplicateClip but only once !!!!

Then make 100 empty frames in this same MC and in the Last frame (100th) script "gotoAndPlay(1)" .
    this way there will be a gap of 4seconds (taking 20 frames/second as the speed of you movie. 100/20) ..

If you want more time interval use more frames than 100 ..

Also in the first frame check if the MC has been duplicated 4 times , if yes then ask the mc to Stop() ;

got it !!

Libran

a command you could use is as follows:
    (1) instead of making it goto and play back to the first frame, make it on the second frame, as a precaution, and put the duplicate movie thing on the secon frame.
    (2) in the first frame do a set variable of some thing (take 'x' for example) and set it to 'x=1'
    (3) Now, on the very last frame you can do a set varible as 'x=x+1'
    (4) Back in frame 2, put the duplicate movie thing into a for loop and set it so that it will work as long as 'x<5'

Hope that helps,
    Anand