A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: php site size

php site size

i don't know wher to post this sicne there is no host section, so i try it here. im a beginer php, im planning to built a php site with forum and all, but i don't know how much space should i need, im planning to get a host, i just wanna know how much space should i get 50,100,500mb, just give me a rought estimate would be fine, thank.

Señor member
    How many pages? Is it going to be a site with lots of photos etc?

As a rough example for you, drunkfoundation (my site, click sig for link) takes up about 20mb altogether (in terms of files uploaded) as I've got a page with a lot of artwork on it and a number of photos. My forum database (for nearly 400 members and 26000 posts) is only 10.6mb so altogether my site which is only a few pages and a forum takes up about 40mb as I've got a couple of directories for uploading images etc which I link to.

You need to provide more information about the number of pages, content etc etc and what sort of traffic you are expecting as you might want to consider bandwidth requirements as well
    Company, Meet Creative
    ------------------------
    welcomebrand

let me see, my site is for college reunion, estimate maybe 40-50 member max, minimum graphic, not to much traffic cause they only go there just to have news update on what been going on. i say about 8-10 page max, about forum data im not to such how much they will post, but i gues i can limit that, i can say maybe half or one fourth of what you got.

50MB should be fine for something that small. You might have to archive every once in a while, but you should be ok. Watch your bandwidth though, that's the killer.

thank you for the help, i think im getting 50mb.