A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: If frame is loaded ... it always loads

my site is about 85% finished, i have a section where we put our portfolio, so I have created a loading section between each 4 images. If frame is loaded go to frame, but the fact is whenever it reaches that frame the actionscript is inserted it goes to that specific frame.
    That means that the images are loading faster than i have expected... there something wrong anyone help
    i hope u got my point and
    thanx anyway

ammm nothings wrong , its the fact that u have a very fast server, or if ur viewing of ur hdd then the prob (or boon) is that all the whole file is already loaded !!!! are u getting my point!

this is how it works (on a server)
    as soon as you call a .swf file from your html page it keeps on downloading untill its fully downloaded (whether or not you have specified "if frames loaded") ...
    Now if your intro is long ... then while its playing in the backgroung ur .swf file is being downloaded , hence all you Images get downloaded earlier before hand !!!

So its actually not a problem ...

Libran

thanx

thanx very much, so iam gonna send my site in a few days to flashkit...
    One question my site as been checked on our computers in the office seems quite fast, and it doesnt need a preloader.
    What do u think

I'd still use preloaders unless you don't care about the lowest common demoninator at all (I'm talking lower than 56k).