A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: This has been asked loads of times but this is slightly different....

This has been asked loads of times but this is slightly different....

Hi.

The issue of adding copyrights to sites has, i'm sure been discussed on this board many a time but i've searched the board and can't find anything that answers this question. What i was wondering was if you are in a group, "The pancake lovers of Austria" for example and you want to copyright a webpage, can you type "Copyright Pancake lovers of Austria 2003 All rights reserved" or does it have to be the name of the person that wrote the page? e.g. "Copyright Joe Bloggs 2003 All rights reserved"

Thanks a lot for reading this.

To my knowledge
    Copyright Pancake Lovers of Australia, 2003" should do it. When I copyright things under org. names though I ussally add my own name as well so it would read "Copyright Pancake Lovers of Austraillia and My Name, 2003" It alos sometimes to add an "All Rights Reserved" as well.
    John Starkey: So what if I have had sexual relations with Saddam.

Looking for a webhost, paid, free, or dedicated? Check out this thread, to get my reviews.

I would use your own name unless "Pancake Lovers of Austria" is a legal entity.

Thanks guys

moved from the coffee lounge.

hopefully further expertise in this matter will be found here

An Inconvenient Serving Size hurricaneone's Avatar
    Originally posted by aversion
    moved from the coffee lounge.

hopefully further expertise in this matter will be found here
    Ironic that I'm the next one to post in this thread...

I would side with mentioning only registered names in copyright details. Though, I guess that this would only mean that if you did go all the way in chasing someone for misuse of your original content, and were unfortunate enough to have to face a negative decision, it'd be the organization and not an individual that would be footing the bill, etc.
    Stand by for emergency synapse rerouting

Originally posted by hurricaneone
    [Bit'd be the organization and not an individual that would be footing the bill, etc. [/B]
    Yea, but if you were the sole-owner it wouldn't matter.

BTW: I would actually call up your lawyer better spend a few hundered now then possibly loose a few thousand later.
    John Starkey: So what if I have had sexual relations with Saddam.

Looking for a webhost, paid, free, or dedicated? Check out this thread, to get my reviews.

FK's 2A 'Rip' Agent

Just thought I would chime in here... I can only speak from the perspective of US Copyrights. For works published after March, 1989, the use of a Copyright Notice has been completely optional. It really doesn't do you much good, other than to send a clear message that you have given consideration to your copyright. So, the answer is: Feel free to go with whatever text you see fit. Several good examples are above.

Again, the best advice I can offer is to make sure you consult an Intellectual Property attorney on these matters and to pay the $30 to register your copyright.
    :: Tony Novak ::
    2Advanced Studios

http://www.2advanced.com/