A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: please help, desperate!

Last week Flash 5 started buggin on my system, I wasn't able to drag symbol instances from the library to the stage, and when I could they wouldnt appear if I exported the .swf.... I have done everything, rebuilt the desktop, zapped pram, and yesterday i lost it, reformatted my hard disk and reinstalled the whole works... no dice still doesn't work, Macromedia can't help, I'm losing money, I work as a designer, and need flash... i'm starting to lose it.......

what do you want ???

Libran

Originally posted by libran
    what do you want ???

Libran
    well libran... i want any suggestions anyone might have concerning the software, any known software conflicts, extension problems, etc... suggestions. What exactly did you think i wanted, ...to waste my time complaining about it?

same deal here

Dr.D...
    Let me know if you find a solution. It's been giving me hell for the past 3 days. Instances of Symbols are not draggable onto the stage. I reinstalled both 4.0. And then the 5.0 upgrade I purchased and downloaded last week.

shooooooooeeey!!
    -Kdream

If you are on a Mac go to the Macromedia support pages, there is a well documented memory/extension problem with early G3 and 4s in dealing with Flash 5.