A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Where to start?

Where to start?

Hi everyone,

I have to make a video presentation for a client. I was thinking about creating the whole thing in Flash MX and importing video clips. The client has already supplied me with .mpeg movie clips.

I like the presentation that 2advanced made and I wanted to create something similar (vector & video).

I wanted to know if someone can get me started on the right foot with suggestions and stuff. Like, what canvas size should I use if I want to display this fullscreen on a TV(16x9 or 4:3)? And do I made the presentation and then add the audio?

Anyway - I don't know if I explained myself enough - the questions make sense in my head! hehehe

Thanks!

Re: Where to start?

I wanted to know if someone can get me started on the right foot with suggestions and stuff. Like, what canvas size should I use if I want to display this fullscreen on a TV(16x9 or 4:3)? And do I made the presentation and then add the audio?

Ok, what r u planning on doing in terms of VCD/DVD/CD-Rom
    Deppending on that:
    720 X 576 (480 NTSC). Used by most DVD.
    704 X 576 (480 NTSC). Used by some DVD
    480 X 576 (480 NTSC). Used by SVCD
    352 X 576 (480 NTSC). Used by DVD and China Video Disc (CVD). It is also the "official" SVHS resolution, determined by the creator of HS, JVC.
    352 X 288 (240 NTSC). Used by VCD and DVD. It is also the "official" VHS resolution, determined by the creator of VHS, JVC.

More info about video frame size:
    http://www.dvdrhelp.com/forum/userguides/94382.php
    Hope that helps.

About the video sound i had some problems when i import a video with sound, fmx didnt export the sound (as a .avi) so i imported the sound and worked with it in a different layer and voila!! problem solved, i guess there`s a way to do it but dont know it yet.

Thanks phreakdevil for the info. Ummm... I'm not sure exactly what this presentation will be exported as.. (dvd, vcd, etc..). My client will basically use this video when he goes to shows and exhibitions.. fullscreen on either a computer, tv or projector.

So, what dimensions and frame rate do you recommend?

I noticed I didn't post the URL in the previous message for the demo 2advanced made. Like I mentioned, I want to make something like this:

http://www.2advanced.com/demoreel_hirez.htm

Thanks a lot man!

Tony

wow. . . that was good, 2advanced once again . . . that´s what u want. .
    Ok heres the thing if your planning on showcasing that on a pc i would do a .exe and make it call separate .swf files, because that way you wont have the problem of video players/codecs installation, now if you r also going to use it to play on tv etc. . it basically depends on the media, VHS, DVD, etc if you r making vhs and you have a video out from you pc you can make the copies yourself, i´ve used 800 x 600 with fullscreen comand on a flash player with video with no problems, (the video wasnt 800 x 600) we did a background for that one. . or you can just do a movie thats 720 x 576 and i would guess that it will work ok for both flash player and DVD.
    Hope that helps, let me know how it goes and what did u resolved to do, im very interested in those things, i often work with that.
    Good luck.