A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: >> Share your photoshop creation thread.

Re: SHaring

Originally posted by dkriese
    I am so happy to share with everyone, I've learned so much by looking at what you guys do, and i'm willing to share all my knowledge with everyone here. Any wquestions just ask.
    The best way for me to learn is to examine psd's. I don't think it's a realistic expectation to obtain them for obvious reasons, but if anyone has psd's of some old, unused digital PS creations, I think we could all learn a lot from them. I can understand that people wouldn't want to post them though.

true... anthony kiriadis is a very talented guy who posts sourcefiles of his creations.

http://www.onyro.com/

I do not mind posting my psd files . Because I do not know if anyone really wants to see them and since they take up so much webspace, I will post them upon request only.

hello.

Nice one wouter.

nice idea for a thread

here are some images from various places.

Some great work posted in here so far.

About your picture of the road. It looks like their are water streaks and other dirty stuff on the image. I really like the effect. Did you use grunge brushes for that? Awesome stuff. The lighting on the images is really trippy.
    Ya....I used some brushes that I got from Nocturna and then changed the layer style to overlay.

Whoa! I really like the lighting on the trees there. Got any secrets or pointers for us budding designers Calpomatt?
    --------------------------------------------
    You did this in photoshop???? your work is amazing, you have to tell us your methods and what filters you used, please!!!!
    There are a lot of little tweaks and effects in there. For the bottom picture, I basically duplicated the image layer and then applied a little gaussian blur and changed the layer style to overlay. For the metallic text effect, I took plain black text and gave it a gradient overlay with an opacity of 25%. Then I selected pillow emboss with a depth and size = 1. Then I topped it off with a little drop shadow. The lighting was just a gradient on a layer above the text set to color dodge. All those changes were done in the layer style window. I don't know if those were the explanations you were looking for. If you have any questions, I'd be happy to answer em.
    Last edited by calpomatt; 04-19-2003 at 06:02 PM.

Thanks for the tips Calpomatt. Did the bottom picture already have the eerie look before you applied the gaussian blur...etc? Or was that a normal color picture that you manipulated for a desired effect? Thanks.

Well.....that was a picture that I took. It was basically me driving down a road and sticking my camera out my sunroof. I am lucky enough to live by some crazy beautiful scenery.

The original picture had no blur to it at all. I added the blur to give the effect of pulling you into the road. It was a shot in the dark but I like the effect. The only photos I use in my work are my own. It makes me challenge myself in both PS and photography. Honestly....who would think to lie down on their back and take a picture of their door frame and use if for their site?

Originally posted by calpomatt
    Honestly....who would think to lie down on their back and take a picture of their door frame and use if for their site?
    I noticed you have several of those types of abstract shots on your site. I like it. And the music loops are all excellent too. Nice work.

Thanks again for the tips.

Calpo, I have some basic questions for you about looping, how can I reach you without doing so in the boards?
    Last edited by gdstudios; 04-20-2003 at 09:41 AM.

Sent.

Quick, erase the email addy before the spiders get to it.

Here's my 2cents
    There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Originally posted by 76ers
    Here's my 2cents
    Nice. Now the real question is can you make a cool PS creation out of Allen Iverson's performance last night?

2 + 2 = 5
    Brilliant Aversion.
    You too 76ers.

Sure thing gdstudios, just gimme the images and i'll be down with it

I had no idea of what i wanted to make at first with the bunch of pics I had from my old gallery so I just started mixing them all up then came up with an effect as it traveling from US to Canada thru a tunnel.

Thanks Adv7rsus
    Last edited by 76ers; 04-21-2003 at 09:10 PM.
    There's no place like 127.0.0.1

2 + 2 = 5
    Originally posted by calpomatt
    Ya....I used some brushes that I got from Nocturna and then changed the layer style to overlay.
    Brilliant idea. I never thought of changing the layer sytle to overlay. I usually add grunge to a layer and then adjust the opacity for effect. Cool.

Have you used any of the dubtastic brushes? The noctura ones are becoming quite reconizable.

[size=1]Peace out fk. Thanks for all the good times .

Flash Poser
    newstyle mural

playing with whites, desaturation, vivid light layers. quite fun!
    i think i've found my style !!! btw qetret, do u kno of any tutes for those 3dstudiomax images?? i would really like to learn how to make those awesome 3d images!!!

Heaven is made
    of 1's and 0's
    Calpo,

Good find bro. I'd never seen that site before.
    I whipped up something quick and dirty to submit too.
    Your stuff looks very sharp.
    Excellent stuff.

wow all these are realy kool, i will post one of mine when i get home

Heaven is made
    of 1's and 0's
    Originally posted by sense
    true... anthony kiriadis is a very talented guy who posts sourcefiles of his creations.

http://www.onyro.com/
    His work is amazing
    Though it's interesting to see his methodology,
    I wish he didnt sell his source files.
    It just saturates the medium with wannabees.